New setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakegirlie

Reaction score
Taken a while but it's finally coming together. Just have to put lights and thermostats in the top 2 then my blue tongue can move in to one. It's gonna take a while for my Murray darling hatchling to be big enough to go into his.
My beardie is already in one.
3d8219c18902243fc5b769cd894e2e10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good size enclosure,but I'd have sand in the beardie 1 and wood chips or bark in the bluey 1

I had my beardie on sand and did not like it so that's why she is on the fake grass. And I was going to use repti bark for my bluey :)

awesome [MENTION=40126]snakegirlie[/MENTION] I really wanna build a bay like that, what type/brand are the fixture? is there something under the heat fixture? Sorry about all the questions :p this is a first build

awesome [MENTION=40126]snakegirlie[/MENTION] I really wanna build a bay like that, what type/brand are the fixture? is there something under the heat fixture? Sorry about all the questions :p this is a first build

No worries I got the ceramic light fitting and the wooden backing from Ross the reptile man on eBay and I got the uv light fitting from Bunnings :) the one from Bunnings is a Compton 18w bare fluorescent batten light.

Buddy my blue tongue finally moved into his new enclosure yesterday :)

eaf6183812c2d976c364f59052db7175.jpg

Not much at all my parents own a wardrobe business :)

Last edited:
Great looking setup. I would only suggest changing the red globe for the beardie to a spot globe, to replicate the sun. You will see a change in behaviour pretty quickly. How old is your beardie by the way? They can take a day or two to get used to the sand, and it is better for them in the long run. Also better for you as it's easier to clean.

Great looking setup. I would only suggest changing the red globe for the beardie to a spot globe, to replicate the sun. You will see a change in behaviour pretty quickly. How old is your beardie by the way? They can take a day or two to get used to the sand, and it is better for them in the long run. Also better for you as it's easier to clean.
My beardie always had a normal globe but I went to the vet and she said I had to supply 24hr heat, I don't know how else I'm supposed to do that.
And I'm sorry I used to have her on sand and I just didn't like it.
My beardie is about 10 months I think
Cheers

My beardie always had a normal globe but I went to the vet and she said I had to supply 24hr heat, I don't know how else I'm supposed to do that.
Cheers

Where are you located?
More often than not 24hr heat isn't necessary unless your nights are extremely cold......
Was it a reptile vet?

Where are you located?
More often than not 24hr heat isn't necessary unless your nights are extremely cold......
Was it a reptile vet?

I'm near Brisbane :) and yes it was a reptile vet.

Not sure it would get that cold in Brisbane, but in the southern states it is good to give beardies 24 hour heat up to 12 months. I know it's a pain but hou could swap the globe for a CHE each morning and night until its a bit older.

Cheers

your vet is wrong-24 hour heat is not required for beardies,they come from the desert where temps drop to freezing at night,but even if you did need it red lights are useless because they keep the dragon awake at night and don't look like the sun anyway which is more important.
If you really needed night heat you could use a CHE (ceramic heat emitter) or a heat mat under the floor

your vet is wrong-24 hour heat is not required for beardies,they come from the desert where temps drop to freezing at night,but even if you did need it red lights are useless because they keep the dragon awake at night and don't look like the sun anyway which is more important.
If you really needed night heat you could use a CHE (ceramic heat emitter) or a heat mat under the floor

When I was at the vet it was for my blue tongue which is the one she said to give 24hr heat to. I just assumed the same had to be done for my beardie.

no worries,it takes a while to learn all the different requirements for all our reptile friends.Just because they have scales doesn't mean they are all the same,some are desert,some are tropical jungle,some are suburban,some love water and some hate it.we just have to deal with their individual needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back