ABN Query....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris

Evidently one can't get an ABN unless you are running a legitimite business (I.E. you can't get one if your business is only deemed a 'hobby'). I'm wanting to register a .com.au website.... does anyone have any idea if I can use another business' ABN? Apologies but I can't find the answer on the ATO website.

No Chris, it has to relate to your business.

You even receive an email which states that you must keep your business website (.com.au) up to date (inc. contact details, location(s) etc.) and also advertise what you actually sell/offer as a business.

You can register a business as SamNabz has said based on what your hobby is, the business doesn't need to make money in order to be a "business". It just has to meet the criteria of being a "business".

No Chris, it has to relate to your business.

You even receive an email which states that you must keep your business website (.com.au) up to date (inc. contact details, location(s) etc.) and also advertise what you actually sell/offer as a business.

You can register a business as SamNabz has said based on what your hobby is, the business doesn't need to make money in order to be a "business". It just has to meet the criteria of being a "business".

Right, that makes sense, I appreciate your help guys. I have just emailed my accountant asking if he can set somethng up for me, cheers :)

Why do you need an ABN for a hobby?

You don't, as I said I need it to obtain a .com.au domain name.

Just go to GoDaddy. get a domain there. ABN is a pain in the rear

Ambush, you can't register a .com.au domain name unless you have an A.B.N.

You can register a .com domain without one and most others, but for .com.au, you need an A.B.N.

It is simple, only gets complicated when your earning enough to have to register for GST.

Exactly right.

I know u cant but whats the big deal if its au or .com . And I have an ABN

Can't? Get the right amount of numbers and crazydomains will give you a .com.au ..... they don't check ;)
But yes... technically you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back