advice for a DIY enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm in the middle of making my old tv unit in to a inclosure as well taking it day buy day was going to make sliding doors for it but the ex wants to make it one door but i dont want to be lifting a heavy door. it would get in the way eithe way it opened up so i want sliding doors have a pic of the unit at the start before starting on it.

Update :)

well guy's and girl's I finally got the cabinet finished.

it took bloody forever due to the sliding tempered glass door's being cut to the wrong size,:rolleyes: so then had to wait another week and a half for new one's to be made up.:x

although this gave me plenty of time to Varnish the cabinet Approx 10x :) and to make sure that it had plenty of time to dry and air out :D

any way here are some pics of the end result

Enjoy

IMG_8562.jpg

IMG_8564.jpg

IMG_8566.jpg

IMG_8565.jpg

IMG_8567.jpg

IMG_8573.jpg

IMG_8569.jpg

IMG_8572.jpg

IMG_8574.jpg

IMG_8575.jpg

Great looking enclosure you have there!

If you are interested, on our website - www.virides.com.au we have acrylic slider handles for use on sliding glass which aid in opening and closing. It is something to grip onto with ease and reduces the occurance of fingerprints on your glass.

thanks mate :D I took a look at your website and I like the idea of your clear snake handle's and am interested but do you have better pic's?

At this moment we are currently planning on making a demo display enclosure and deck it out with our products from which we can more easily present them.

I would like to work on it this weekend :)

Best way to seal it is to use arraldite and just pour it along the inside it will dry completely level and have a clear finish about 1-3mm thick. plus it will be invincible

and the vents need to be set up for airflow one on each side one at the top one on the bottom depending on where you place your heat source

looks great and dont worry about using pine, i'd say its just some bull that someone has come up with to make themselves important and smart. The house that you are probably in now has a pine frame and you're still alive and kicking. I find it funny that people seem to put much more thought into their reptiles health than they do their own...

PlyWood

so I am building 2 enclosures both the same for my jungles is plywood a good option as long as it dosnt contain cedar or pine and paints and stains what can be used??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back