africancichlidau, no killing please (duw)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickvelez

Reaction score
I believe these pics could send him into a killing frenzy. Please stay calm!

white lipped female

2006_0208_104107AA.jpg

2006_0208_103704AA.jpg

2006_0208_103654AA.jpg

2006_0208_103725AA.jpg

cb 2000. hope you like!

A magnificent looking specimen. Looks as if it has just sloughed and in its prime.

I am unaware of any of these in Australian collections but it would be nice to think that there a some. Is anybody aware of these being kept in Australia? I have certainly never seen any on the Herp Trader.

Yes there are some being held in captivity. I remember there being a thread about it a while ago...I'm sure there's gotta be more off licence being held aswell, but I guess that's a given.

Oh My God, Oh My God, Oh My God. No killing but is suicide an option. I am in love, what an absolutely magnificent Animal! Thanks for posting those pics I have drooled all down the front of my shirt. To my knowledge there are only two, possibly 3 in captivity in Australia at this current time. When you look at these animals why would anyone want a Chondro or one of those funny coloured albino thingies?
Beautiful animal mate, Gimme!!

really? I haven't heard of them before. Are they really rare? or people just dont dont keep them?

Torres Strait Islands as far as Australia goes Nina :D

The white-lipped python (D'Alberti's python) occurs throughout most parts of tropical New Guinea and nearby islands. Two geographical or colour races are known. The "northern" or "golden" race occurs north of the central dividing mountain range and are found all along the north of the mountain range from Sorong to the east coast of PNG. Populations are also known from Salawati island (West Irian, Indonesia), Biak island (West Irian, Indonesia), the islands of the Bismarck Archipelago (New Ireland, PNG). The "southern" or "black" race occurs in the south of the mountain range. Specimens of the southern race were collected as far west as Timika, (West Irian, Indonesia) to the east coast of PNG (Central District) and from the northern most islands of the Torres Strait, belonging to Australia.

:shock: what a sensational specimen.. awesome... do you have access to a male?

nothing worth making a fuss over. its just a funny lookin water python... dont u rkn sdaji?

;)

Well this might cause some dissention but some people reckon there is an isolated population in the North of the big island known commonly as Australia.

looks like a water python who dosnt know how to put the lippy on properly :lol:

africancichlidau said:
Well this might cause some dissention but some people reckon there is an isolated population in the North of the big island known commonly as Australia.

I think that story comes from old records, which almost certainly were misidentified Water Pythons. Some of the errors in the old records are quite startling, the old records of Death Adders in Victoria are sitting there, but if you bother to go to the museum and check the pickled specimen, you'll see the snake sitting there with the Death Adder label, but you'll notice that it's actually a Bardick! Antaresia perthensis was supposedly from Perth and they were sure enough about it to give it a name which means "From Perth", but as we know, they're nowhere near it. I'd bet 1000:1 that there are no White Lipped Pythons on mainland Australia and the superficial similarity to Water Pythons makes the confusion very much the most likely case.

Very pretty snakes. If fuscus weren't available I'd possibly be screaming to get some White Lippeds. The gold type don't do much for me, but the blacks are very nice. I've never actually seen one, but from what I can tell, I'd prefer fuscus. White Lippeds have a very bad reputation for being nasty, but then again, so do Water Pythons. I've spoken to foreign keepers who says theirs are completely docile. Apparently they're quite difficult to breed.

alby said:
looks like a water python who dosnt know how to put the lippy on properly :lol:

yip, very pretty but does sort of look like someone didnt finish their 'paint by numbers' pic

Nickvelez: thanks for posting the pictures :)
Would you care to share some of your experiences with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back