Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom

Reaction score
hi i just found an albino lizzard in th kids bathroom ,its about 2 cm long the head looks to big for the body and the eyes are bulging out of its face,sorry no pics as i broke the camera, any idea what it mite be.and the head comes to a point at the nose

you may need to give a better description or get your hands on a camera. Maybe some sort of gex??

after looking it up in wildlife of greater brisbane ,as ozherpconservation said it is a asian house gecko,so what do i do with it now.

Feed it crix and roaches and provide water and spray occasionally. if it can climb put a lid on the tank. Cool pet! :D

instar said:
Cool pet! :D

Great snake food!
Seriously though I reccon you should keep it, they are known to push native gecko's out of human dwellings ect. And these things can climb glass so keep that in mind.

heres an interesting story for you an asian house gecko has been living in my roach colony and today i found 2 little white eggs in there from it iv put them on pinebark mulch over the 25watt heatcord they were laid over in the roach tub just for fun the mum still lives with the roaches eating what she pleases

heh

We have heaps of the noisy buggers here, last year there were robust velvet geckos aswell but they seem to be missing this summer.

I am doing some research on these little suckers and the impact they have on our native species. I would be very interested to know if anybody has found this introduced species (Hemidactylus frenatus) and native geckoes such as Oedura robusta and tryoni living in the same area? If so, what area? And what species are more abundant?
I have been told by several herpetologists that Asian House Geckoes
have little or no impact on our natives. I find this very hard to
believe when area's where our native species of gecko are abundant
there are no Asian House Geckoes and vise versa.

Thanks,

Daniel

[email protected]

i found a asian house gex about 2-3mths ago here in melbourne. Was sorta wanting to keep it, but in the end i did the right thing and let a local snake catcher no, so the gex became snake food.

Excellent source of "renewable waste" for feeding to Burtons legless lizards. Once weekly I harvest from the walls at work.

soulweaver : you said you found one in Melbourne....are you sure as the wildlife authorities and Museums would be very very interested, if you find one get it identified, because studies have shown they havent reached Sydney yet...very important if you can do this

Marc

Yes, take Marc's advice soulweaver. As far as I know the southern most limit (at present) is Coffs Harbour (NSW). It would be interesting to know if there are populations of them around Melbourne.

Daniel

soulweaver : you said you found one in Melbourne....are you sure as the wildlife authorities and Museums would be very very interested

i took some pics of it when we had it ages ago...would u like me to try and find them so you guys can try and see what you think it is? i remember it couldnt climb walls and had little claws on his toes.

yes lets see it please zoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back