albino olive python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rich people who probably aren't very likely to advertise their having several hundred thousand dollars worth of stock...

my god... i can't believe how much!

You mean these critters.?
yes they are quite expensive, but truely a sight to behold in the flesh.
These are animals that i bred last season.

Attachments

• IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_1045.jpg
    IMG_1045.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 785
Snake ranch breeds them, I don't know if they have any at the moment.
I was looking at them to see prices, they were about $5,000 from memory.
To veiw prices, you need to become a member. Heres a link.

http://snakeranch.com.au/

I can try find the price for you.

Any true Olive at 15 feet would truly be a sight! Their size is often exaggerated...they get very heavy bodied but I would be genuinely surprised to see an animal that was over 4 metres.

As jonno said, they rarely get bigger than around 12 feet, and as he said do get very heavy bodied. But imo this one of the reasons that alot of people have trouble breeding them, as naturally, they are not that heavy bodied for their size, infact they are quite a slender python for their size, but in captivity people cant seem to help themselves and get them way way to fat.

The original albino was a Darwin animal which I am led to believe achieve more like 3 m in length. of the seven adults i have seen none arelonger than 3 meters. As they are bred with queensland animals their size may increase.

I would if i had the funds. And then i would prob have to spend the same on an enclosure worthy of holding one lol

Any true Olive at 15 feet would truly be a sight! Their size is often exaggerated...they get very heavy bodied but I would be genuinely surprised to see an animal that was over 4 metres.

Really? I have the latest edition of "Guide to Australian Reptiles" and according to that they can grow to 6.5m while our scrubby is only 5m. Has anyone ever seen an olive that big?

mysnakesau,

That refers to the species as a whole...99.9% of Olives in captivity are Liasis olivaceus olivaceus which very rarely, if ever exceed 12 feet. The large subspecies is the rare in captivity Liasis olivaceus barroni from the Pilbara area in WA. It apparently gets quite long.

There are confirmed records of Scrub Pythons over 5 metres but again this is most definitely an exception rather than a rule.

Outsized snakes are something that intrigues me but that more I interested I get, the more cynical I become. To date every single "10 foot" carpet I have been introduced to has fallen short, as with 12 foot Olive Pythons, 6 foot Red Bellies, 3 foot Death Adders and 10 foot Waters.

After displaying a few of my favourite pics of my pythons on the infamous facebook i received the following messages from a 'friend of a friend'...

"...wow! awesome pythons. We had a couple of 7m + carpet pythons around our place not so long ago. Keeps the rats away, that's for sure"

...and...

"It was around 3 times the height of me, and I'm around 188 CM, so that's at least 5.6 metres. I'd guess around 15cm diameter at the widest point"

... lol. you find yourself a 7m Carpet python and i'll be there in a flash (to take a photo of course) THEN i'll be running in the opposite direction...

sorry to change the topic a bit there, was just expanding upon Jonno's post :)

That's an extreme case shooshoo, but sums it up pretty well. The amount of snakes that stretch from one side of the road to the other is amazing...must have skinny roads out their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back