albino olive python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted these pics before but...
This python was measured to be 13 foot in 2005, It may have grown a bit since then as the owner
tended to overfeed it imo..
DSC03724.jpg

As you can see it is way to fat for an olive and the owner always wondered why she would not breed for him.
DSC03702.jpg

This pic gives an idea as to how wide an olive will get with the wrong feeding regime..
6uyh5665.jpg

This snake was not very old when these pics and measurements were taken..
I imagine the heaviness of this snake is the reason it has not been able to breed and since i dont talk to it's owner anymore id be interested to know if it is still alive.
Sorry if this is off topic

Last edited:
Around $20,00 for a full grown and about 10 - 15 thousand for a hatchling.:)
(all worth it though!) Southern X reptiles breed normal olives , and i think that Snake Ranch breeds albinos.

Lots of herpers keep olives both normal and albino but only a few are able to breed them. After ten years there are still less than 50 albinos in the world which says something. Trublue seems to have the knack with the Albinos,having bred more in the last two years than the restof the owners put together. Hopefully his mentoring will pay off and we will have some available next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back