Assistance needed with enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koubee

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a shelving unit / bookcase kinda thing that i am wanting to transform into an enclosure for my coastal. I need a cabniet maker or similar to finish it off for me so it looks good..........if i tried to finish it, it would look like crap....:oops:

So if there is anyone in Melbourne who would be willing to take this job on for me..please send me a PM.

Thanks heaps
Liz

Anyone???? Please, i'm not asking for this to be done as a freebie, i will pay, and i will pay well..:)

I know you are afrade of doing this just in case it doesn't turn out right, however it is easier then you think... Just give it a go if nobody offers you help.

what you can do is buy glass rails and attach them to the front. you can then just purchase some glass and put it there. if there is a door, remove it and replace the inside (leaving the frams) for the glass..... it is simple to do... if you however try to put new wood in, then this is challenging as the wood colour may be different.

With a book shelf, you may decide to do plenty of these sliding glass doors for each shelf...

for air vents, simple draw the design on a pice of paper then drill stick it on and drill out holes or a square for the vents... if you use a vent, then it doesn't matter if it doesn't look tidy as the vents will cover it.

you can then drill a hole or add plastic small pipes at the tip to hide the electric wires...

unfortunately i don't live there but i hope this helps...

if you decide not to use the cubooard, then you can make a simple box, just go to mitor 10 and tell them to cut it out.... this is how i do mine.... it's simple and doesn't take long... the secret is having good even cuts...

I hope this helps... If there is something specific that you want to do then just pm me and pictures will help.

Also there mist be some carpenters in your area. just look up the phone book.

Could you provide some more information.... such as what is made of and perhaps a couple of photos?

I quite enjoy making my own cabinets but I will get into trouble with trader, my spouse :lol: if I take on any more projects until I clear the current todo list.

You may wish to look at a couple of care sheets on the Herp Shop web site: http://www.herpshop.com.au in particular the "Tiled Enclosure" and "Gecko Enclosure" ones which may give you some inspiration. These are some of my past projects.

Thanks guys, i'll post a pic of it.
Great advice Mario and herptrader.
Thanks Heaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back