Bearded Dragon UVB Time?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
What time should I set my timer for UVB for my bearded dragon?
I heard that 8-10 hours is best but not sure what time to come on and what time off? e.g. 6:30 in the morning or 7:00, 7:30?

Thanks

or even set it to your routine.....for my hatchies i set the timer to come on at 6am, so then when i get up at 6:30 they are already basking and warm, then i can feed them quickly before i go to work, and dont have to wait for them to heat up or miss feeds etc

i set mine for 7am, that way when the kids are having brekky at about 8am, Yoda has his too - should allow an hour of warming up before feeding. Then when the kids go to bed at night between 7.30 and 8pm, they say goodnight to Yoda and Max (jack russell), so when they are off to bed, then yoda is too. Just fits in with our routine

I dont like paying for something that I can get for free :) I take my dragon outside for an hour or so and sit in the sun a couple of times a week. I am working on making an outside basking enclosure. I would eventually like to house them in an outdoor setup. In terms of having it for daylight hours, I have my basking light come on at 7am for a couple of hours and then again in the afternoon for a couple of hours. His enclosure is well lit from outside light anyway.

i also have yoda outside as much as l can. I have made a makeshift enclosure out of an old large birdcage. The base is open and when lm gardening l bring him with me and he loves to pig out in "his" garden.
Our loungeroom doesn't get heaps of natural sunlight so UV is on all day and basking, as with you, it comes on 3 - 4 times a day for a 1 1/2 hours each time. That way the ambient temp stays up too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back