Beardie Brumation Pt. 2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydy

Reaction score
Hey guys,
thought id post another thread to get a quicker response from my last one lol
So my 11 month old CBD went into his first brumation about 4 weeks ago.
Hasnt come out of his hide at all, and today he was. Seem's pretty alert says my mum.

She's not to keen on feeding him, (as im at work at the moment) but got her to put in some fresh veggies and to keep me posted.

I guess my question is, is this it? 4 week brumation? It just seems not long at all compared to some other memebers on this forum with Beardies.

I do know that they can come out and bask occasionaly and what not, but my old lady thinks that he seems pretty active to go back to sleep if that makes sence, lol.

Any thoughts?

I guess another question i have too, is that should i feed him some live food?
Just affraid if i do, and he goes back to sleeping that he may end up sick with undigested food in his belly?

Cheers guys,
Much appreciate it.

When mine come out from their slumber, they are wide awake, running around just like normal. They are reluctant to take woodies, but have a little nibble on bok choy. Then they go back into hiding for another couple of weeks. I figure they know what they're doing when it comes to eating. They still have the chance to bask if they want. I really miss seeing my guys. I'm not sure when they will come out of brumation; spring I suppose (?)

I would say he's just come out for a visit, and will probably go back to sleep for awhile more yet.

Thanks for replying :)

I think ill try giving him some lives and see how he goes.
May just keep an eye on him and see how he goes.

I have pygmy beardeds, and my male seems to go out for the count and i wont see him for several months, my girl seems to powernap, down for a week or two, awake for half a day , has a quick bath and bask, sometimes a quick veggie snack, and then back to sleep, i'm starting to think there is no "normal' brumation routine.

He was up all yesterday and yesterday evening, had abit of a much on some supers..
Woke up this morning and he was up again basking..

Got the old lady to keep an eye on him today see how he goes..
:)

So aparently today he has been out all day, basking, hanging out on his log like he would normaly.
He ate supers again today, and some nibbles on his veggies.

Normal still? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back