Best larger clickclacks and where to find them?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckface01

Reaction score
Hi all. My stimmo who turned one on the 4th of december has really outgrown his 15L storage tub. I would have got him a larger one a long time ago but im having trouble finding ones that seal well around the lid. i have found ones that are plenty big enough, but when you close them there is too much space between lid and sides or its too flimsy and he'll just push right past it.

I was wondering what everyone here uses for those larger click clacks, like brands? and how do you keep them secure?

Thanks. :)

I use Sistema for smaller snakes & Stirmaid for a few of my Larger Snakes both you can buy at
Big W or Kmart hope this helps

thanks alot! hes in a starmaid at the moment, but i could never seem to fidn the bigger sizes! what litre size is your biggest ones?

I just upgraded my yearling Bredli into a Sistema 52L tub, & I think they go another size bigger again.
It has good tight latches & a deep lip where the lid sits on. They come in various sizes & shapes, are cheap, & you can get them in Kmart, Big W etc.

If you haven't already got one, grab a cheap soldering iron from Bunnings or similar (I got one for $8, cheap as), it's heaps easier & quicker to use to put vent holes in the tub than drilling it.

im a little confused with the use of click clacks
what are they for?
do you guys keep them permanently in click clacks?

I got my 2 41litre tubs from bunnings. 20 bucks each. they're not high too, they're short and wide so it's good for ground dwellers like my woma and spotted. and for extra safety i added weights on top of the lid. wouldn't want them to get out =)

im a little confused with the use of click clacks
what are they for?
do you guys keep them permanently in click clacks?

Ideally Click clacks should only be used for snakes up to yearling or so..depending on the size.

A good rule of thumb (only as a guide...not mandatory) :) is the enclosure needs to be at least half the length of the snakes length...but then there are all sorts of differences for the more arborial species.

Here is a pic of mine...only 2 are in use at the moment...but 6 more will be in use in 2-3 weeks (more hatchlings coming) so I have them setup ready to go. I keep all the internal furniture (water bowl/hide etc) exactly the same and just run the thermostat into 1 click clack...that way, in theory, all should be same (or close) temp.

Attachments

• IMGP1507.JPG
    IMGP1507.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 165
For Anteresia i prefer to use 30litre starmaid tubs and the bigger flat ones(not sure on volume but about 700 long) they make for big macs. IMO a flater container is better than a high one, even if the higher one has more volume. Some also use those under bed storage containers, i think they would be a good choice too.

Hope that makes sense. Here is a pic of how i set mine up.

Attachments

• ant setup.jpg
    ant setup.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 159
yeah i seemed to have misplaced the drill, so today to put holes in the new setup i had to use a nail and a candle.....LOL only took about 2 hours...:|

I was searchign for the starmaids but in the end foudn this pretty secure one in officeworks for like $12 so i grabbed it.

All my antarisia and adders are permantly in tubs, I put the adults in 30l starmaid tubs, Imo perfect length and width

Ideally Click clacks should only be used for snakes up to yearling or so..depending on the size.

A good rule of thumb (only as a guide...not mandatory) :) is the enclosure needs to be at least half the length of the snakes length...but then there are all sorts of differences for the more arborial species.

Here is a pic of mine...only 2 are in use at the moment...but 6 more will be in use in 2-3 weeks (more hatchlings coming) so I have them setup ready to go. I keep all the internal furniture (water bowl/hide etc) exactly the same and just run the thermostat into 1 click clack...that way, in theory, all should be same (or close) temp.

Why on earth don't you get the poor thing an enclosure to show it off?????

I keep and breed antaresia in tubs, theres no need for an enclosure, I don't see why you'd only use them for one year. Plenty of people use tubs, and most have a larger floor space then a 2x2ft enclosure which most people use for ants anyways.

I keep and breed antaresia in tubs, theres no need for an enclosure, I don't see why you'd only use them for one year. Plenty of people use tubs, and most have a larger floor space then a 2x2ft enclosure which most people use for ants anyways.

Fair call...but in my response I did say "generally". You are obviously an exception...and I suspect there are many more out there. I personally prefer overhead heating longer term but each to their own...plus I like the display aspects of an enclosure.

I just think click clacks look cruel for larger reps...but that is merely my opinion. I know some can be larger than enclosures. It all comes down to individual preference.

yeah i seemed to have misplaced the drill, so today to put holes in the new setup i had to use a nail and a candle.....LOL only took about 2 hours...:|

I was searchign for the starmaids but in the end foudn this pretty secure one in officeworks for like $12 so i grabbed it.

You need some level of skill and soberness to use a drill with most plastics, the easier way(although slower) is to use a soldering iron and just use a fan to blow the fumes towards your least favourite neighbour. A soldering iron costs about $10, the carcenogenic fumes are priceless.

I keep my stimmie in a click clack, I did upgrade him to a 2x2 enclosure but the tiniest gap he managed to find he got out through, for his own safety it was back to the click clack for at least another 12 months...

Yeah I have my little bredli in a 52 litre starmaid tub from safeway. When he's a bit bigger he'll get his big forever enclosure. I think I got it on special for $14, bargain!!

Attachments

• Snakey house.jpg
    Snakey house.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 86
for a young bredli (a month or so old) would i use a click clack or use my old fish tank thats about 2ft long 1.5 high and 1ft deep? or is that too big?

Harry

I had my mini bredli in a small sistema click clack, a month or so is too little I reckon for a big enclosure, especially a fish tank that would be see through. They like hiding and probably get scared at everything.

ok thank you
when do you think he would be old enough to move into the fish tank then?

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back