Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bredlis are also known for being generally very placet and easy to keep.
I have a pair of hatchies and they haven?t even tried to nip me once, as yet.

I love diamonds as well and read just recently on a another website that a guy who has had them inside all thier life has one that is 17 years old and another 7 or 8 years old. Go Figure that one.
I have 3 diamonds, 1 is a yearling, the male is almost 4 and the female going on 6 and both have been brought up inside without any hassles. Can't wait for the babies. :lol:

SW maybe your poll should have been - what don't you recommend as a beginners python. I'm very new to the scene also but would like to throw my vote in for the Northwestern Python/ Darwin. These have a reputation as a very tempermental snake, but in my case, I disagree. I personally reckon a snake is what you make it! Spend the time & reap the rewards.

I'll put in a vote for 2 that maybe a handful & then only because of their sheer size & quick growth, & with that may become intimidating. These most definately are:Scrub Pythons & Olives.

I know I've heard, and again have had no experience with Olives, that they are quite placid -unlike the scrubbies. I'm talking about their sizes. This is again, only my opinion, and what kept me away from them as a snake to begin with.

I agree with the large cage for adult Diamonds. Mine have a very large cage. I DO cool them every year for 3 months, that's with NO heat at all. They go into Brumation quite nicely, gotta go Tennille NEEDS me. NONE sexually you perverts!!!!

Yes I have met his Diamond and I must say, it is a fine specimen. No pun intended afro.

that i lot like one of mine!!!
do you now who the breeder was?

There are four of us on APS that I know have siblings, Lutzies Diamond, Graham, Nicole and myself.
Breeder is in Bondi, if you want to know more, I can pm you.

Spotted? Are you leaving the Diamond - Buffy, cute name; alone to settle? The poor liddle thing had a bad start being posted through the mail, you may need to leave it a little longer. Or is it coming at you when you go past the tank?

*wondering*
Em?

HEY spotted are u a buffy fan?

oh and also i strongly recommend MUrray darling (inland) i have only had him a couple of weeks, and when i first got him he was awesome then an event happend which made him go snappy, now two weeks later it is back to its awesome self placid, doesnt snap any more. very forgiving and plus they look great, im not sure if its murrays in general, if not just get one of jungles murrays!!

When i saw this post and looked at the list i straight away thought of adam and his loving of diamonds , and i thought u were in trouble lol but i dont really like the look of diamonds and i only really know one person who keeps snakes this friend and school and he said he has had two diamond and both died like a year or some where around there. but bad luck could be the case there. and i read in the ;latest guniess (however u spell it) book of records, diamond python was the third largest snake, was that just one diamond or diamonds in general? oh and first was a royal python i think. and i agree with u earthmother buffy is a fantastic name, but anya is better **stares at spotted** ;)

Is there any reason why the Jungle and Southwestern have not received any votes?? Are they especially bad for newbies??

earthmother buffy has settle in nicely she has eatten 2 fuzzie mice and i'm going to atept to handle her on monday or tuesaday she was fed friday

SnakeWrangler,
Jungles seem to be more a display animal, as they are generally fairly nippy, (going by a previous post on here, by someone that keeps them).
As fare as South Western Carpet, don?t know that many people keep them on here, (could be wrong though).
They are actually mentioned in a book I resonantly read, as most threatened Python, (that might have something to do with it).
Not to mix up as rarest (almost non existent as the Rough Scaled Python).

Thanks Artie, are there any Rough Scaled Pythons in Captivity (private breeders/keepers)? Are we even allowed to keep them on a basic keepers license in NSW?

Cheers.

I would put in a vote for the diamond. Mine is a puppy dog. Everytime I play with her I get so excited about the way she is going to colour up... she's gonna look pretty snazzy!!! I cant wait!!

I missed out on a couple of South Westerns when I knew absolutely nothing about them, now I kick myself everytime someone mentions them :(
I reckon best Newbie snake is the Childreni but I may be biased as I have a couple for sale :)

Don?t really know much about the keeping of the Rough Scaled Python,
Could not find it on the species list of the NSWRKL.
But I know Australian Reptile Park is involved in a breeding program, and APS is a sponsor.

The Australian Reptile Park would like to thank the following people and organizations for their invaluable support for the Park's Adopt a Crazy Critter program. Their generosity will ensure these animals will continue to receive the high standard of care they deserve while also assisting in the implementation of important captive breeding and other conservation and research project

NAME ADDRESS CRAZY CRITTER
Sarah, Kristy, Lisa & Corinne Bonnells Bay Eastern Grey Kangaroo
Mathew Hallawi Bensville Bird Eating Spider
Aussie Pythons & Snakes Campsie Rough-Scaled Python
John Chong Castle Hill Diamond Python
Graeme Bailey Ourimbah Star Tortoise

africancichlidau said:
I missed out on a couple of South Westerns when I knew absolutely nothing about them, now I kick myself everytime someone mentions them :(
:)

That really is a shame, Afro :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back