Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishead

Reaction score
Howdy folks, finally got a boy bhp for my girls last week. It's a two year old of about five and a half feet purchased from Snakes NT - who by the way were really great to deal with and I have no hesitation in recommending.
My girls comprise of one light coloured Queenslander and an NT cross Queensland - also light coloured. The male NT is actually darker than both the girls.
I've caught and handled four wild bhps in my annual bowhunting/fishing jaunts in NT and far north QLD and could see little difference in colouration. Obviously there is individual variation in any population and Pilbarra bhps are geographically isolated from the rest of the population but as there's no bhp border check between QLD and NT do you guys think there is any real differentiation between QLD and NT bhps?
Now to the point of my post. I'm told that my male NT may not show any interest in my girl QLD, is this true?
Regards, Steve.

There is a lot of variation in bhp's.You could find one that looks completely different than another a few hundred metres away.I guess you've got your classic queensland phase which is much lighter than the NT phase although there is a lot of variation in both.There's also a Nth Western phase of bhp.

There is absolutely no reason why your NT male won't show interest in your Qld female because they are from different geographical location.

Your Nt cross Qld female had to come from the same combination :?:

where are u fishead? i just got a carpet python from snakes nt. did u go the bens house and see the perentie?

bhps

Gudday Tommo, I'm in NSW. Fuscus steered me onto an add they had a little while ago, that one was sold but they rang back when Ben decided to let go my male to help fund the perenti - would be awesome to have one of those things in the back yard hey!!!!
Bye, Steve.

why are black heads so exspensive? i would gave loved to get one as a first snake, but all i could aford was a nt carpet(not complaining though).

Just wanted to comment on difference in colours of BHP's. We are in WA and licensed to take from wild to build breeding stock and sell. Found two BHP's in 100km area and one was black and yellow, the other black and white. It's the first true black and white we have seen but hope to find more and breed that colour too.

I have a couple of friends also based in Pilbara and also call themselves pilbarapythons.Strange that is :? The Pilbara bhp's do vary although the classic black and whites aren't just light in colour, the white is white and the black is black not just dark in colouration.Best pic i've seen of a black and white was in one of the US reptile mags with Mark Oshea holding the animal with a bunch of kids.

Does anyone have any good pics of black and whites :?: From what i can gather there would be a lot of people who'd like to see a good pic of a true black and white Pilbara bhp.Will try and dig up the picin the Reptiles mag and either scan the pic or provide the year and month that issue came out if anyone's interested :?:

The black and white on the bhp are proper colours, whereas the black and yellows are a coffee coloured yellow and a charcoal colour. When we learn this digital camera properly we will post some pictures.

WA may be a big state but we all come up with the same good ideas, Browns. :D Pilbara pythons is just a name we came up with for using on this site, it isn't our business or trading name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back