Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen B

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'D like to get a good idea from people in the know where they think this BHP is from.
Thanks , Glen.

Attachments

• snakes 036.jpg
    snakes 036.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 132
  • snakes 038.jpg
    snakes 038.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 114
  • snakes 034.jpg
    snakes 034.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 158
Ive got WA's that are very similar, thats if the photos true to colour but just see if it has a single loreal scale. If the person you bought it from doesn't know then you'll never know.

Bhp locale

I agree word for word with "cement".....cheers solar 17

The seller told me Kimberley phase from NT. So Im not sure if I need to look for a female from NT or WA. The colours in the pics are true. I'm not sure which scale is the loreal scale so I will post a pic. After i bought this BHP I found reason to doubt the sellers ability to tell the truth. Thats why I would like some opinions to cofirm this location.

Attachments

• snakes 042.jpg
    snakes 042.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 102
It has the color and head scalation of a pilbara. Single loreal, no sub oculars and Short collar.

Although, I have seen crosses that exhibit the same, as well as some NT animals....if I had to go on vision....I'd pair it with a Pilbara animal.

DSC02535.jpg

D.

blackhead_t.png
Blackheaded Pythons are found throughout the northern third of mainland Australia, but are not usually found in more arid regions where the Woma occurs instead. Blackheads are found living in rocky outcrops, near to watercourses, also in hollow logs, or even down disused burrows .
The natural diet of Black-headed Pythons consists mainly of a high proportion of reptiles and frogs, also small mammals and birds. Included in its diet is the highly venomous Desert Death Adder (Acanthophis pyrrhus), which occurs naturally in much of the Black-headed Python's habitat.
There are two forms of Blackheaded Python. The eastern form is generally larger than the western form. The colours seem to be slightly different as well. The western Blackheads are lighter in colour with a more creamy / white banding. The blackhead of the snake allows it to lay underneath logs with the head exposed for basking. Since black heats up more quickly than lighter colours this allows the snake to expose its head to the morning sun while keeping its body hidden, this enables it to ambush any unsuspecting Blackheaded Pythons are found throughout the northern third of mainland Australia, but are not usually found in more arid regions where the Woma occurs instead. Blackheads are found living in rocky outcrops, near to watercourses, also in hollow logs, or even down disused burrows .
The natural diet of Black-headed Pythons consists mainly of a high proportion of reptiles and frogs, also small mammals and birds. Included in its diet is the highly venomous Desert Death Adder (Acanthophis pyrrhus), which occurs naturally in much of the Black-headed Python's habitat.
There are two forms of Blackheaded Python. The eastern form is generally larger than the western form. The colours seem to be slightly different as well. The western Blackheads are lighter in colour with a more creamy / white banding. The blackhead of the snake allows it to lay underneath logs with the head exposed for basking. Since black heats up more quickly than lighter colours this allows the snake to expose its head to the morning sun while keeping its body hidden, this enables it to ambush any unsuspecting Blackheaded Pythons are found throughout the northern third of mainland Australia, but are not usually found in more arid regions where the Woma occurs instead. Blackheads are found living in rocky outcrops, near to watercourses, also in hollow logs, or even down disused burrows .
There are two forms of Blackheaded Python. The eastern form is generally larger than the western form. The colours seem to be slightly different as well. The western Blackheads are lighter in colour with a more creamy / white banding. The blackhead of the snake allows it to lay underneath logs with the head exposed for basking. Since black heats up more quickly than lighter colours this allows the snake to expose its head to the morning sun while keeping its body hidden, this enables it to ambush any unsuspecting

blackhead_t.png

Wow Gary.wheeler, you might want to have a read before you post next time.:lol: 2/3 of that could have been left out and made it a more interesting read.

Has anyone got a discription/drawing of a BHP's head scales laying out the names of the scales?

I'll answer that myself:) Hence what Derek described, you only have 1 Loreal scale between the preocular scale and the Nostral scale.

Attachments

• snakes%20042.jpg
    snakes%20042.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 96
The same 2 paragraphs are written twice,if you dont no where the parents are from,imo i dont think you will have any idea where they came from,you cant always tell just by their colours,different colour and markings can come from anywhere....good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back