Bites

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

revske

Reaction score
G'day guys just want to know if a fully grown spotted python bite hurts and if any one has any pics of a bite....

2 types of bites -

Type 1 - A 'tag' - which is a quick strike and probably wont hurt, this hurts the snake more then it hurts you. They do this when cage defensive or feel threatened.

Type 2 - Feeding response. This one will hurt, this is where the snake will bite, hold on and rap, usually mistaking your hand for a rodent.

Antaresia are generally placid snakes so you wont have anything to worry about.

From a spotted
hand.jpg

Ahaha and adult mac wont do much damage. I got nommed on by a adult stimmie and whilst a bit smaller only drew a bit of blood. Didn't strike, didn't wrap just bit and chilled.

I'm 12 and I got bitten by a huge spotted that I owned for like 2 days. It was a feeding response and it did hurt at all. This thing was like 1.1 meters long and I would almost say that I've had bits for yearling jungles worst than what that spotted did, will post pictures if you want tomorrow.

e3yja5a2.jpg

My little girl

a2uty9u5.jpg

This is her bite. Well the top half of it anyway, her bottom jaw got caught in my collar.

It doesn't hurt at all though. I hardly felt that. Mac's are heaps smaller than my little bubba

nah, its more shock than anything.. i got tagged 3 times today by my 15month old Dawrin. 2 times i saw her and the last i didn't notice until i saw the blood.. the worst ive ever felt is a slight dull throb for a min or two after a solid tag on the fingers.. still eagerly awaiting the pain of a wrap and chew though...

I can't say as everyone's pain tolerance is different. I find all snake bites hurt, and I hate getting bitten because I'm allergic to their spit, so the bite area swells up a bit and it itches like a mozzie bite on steroids.

I can't say as everyone's pain tolerance is different. I find all snake bites hurt, and I hate getting bitten because I'm allergic to their spit, so the bite area swells up a bit and it itches like a mozzie bite on steroids.

While I don't feel the pain, I do get the itch. Usually after a bit of time. I find a good alcohol wipe or aftershave on the bite take it away. Stings a little but I don't get itchy. Always remember to wash straight away cause our lovely pets do carry large amounts of bacteria in their mouths

Ok thanks everyone for your info much appreciated love the pics cheers

Grouse looking snake mate got a nice one there and the bites a nice one to cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back