Boyds Forest Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helanag96

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have 2 boyds forest dragons, they're one year old now and other than this I've had no concerns with them, but recently I've noticed one of them has quite a large belly in comparison to the other, this one is much smaller than the other one however they eat around the same amount, she used to be quite lean but now just has this massive belly and I can't find any information on it anywhere else so I'm hoping I can get some advice on what it could be, any help is appreciated šŸ˜Š (her behaviour has remained the same and nothing else pops out to me)

Attachments

• 20230902_102731.jpg
    20230902_102731.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
The bulge doesn't seem particularly abnormal to me - just well fed- if your worried then might be an idea to go to your local reptile vet for a check up in case there's some impaction or blockage going on, if you have a male and female there's a good chance that she could already be gravid at a year old, which isn't ideal at her age and it can stunt her growth to a degree, also there's often problems with hatchlings bred from females too early but don't need to go into that now.

Back