Breeding questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amynickid

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Okay so I thought I would get the questions out of the way first, as I have a year and a half minimal of planning, how old do jungle carpet pythons need to be for breeding i think its around the 3 years mark. He is almost a year and a half old, and about 1.5 metres long almost 5 foot. weight i dont know but i know he is alot bigger than other jungles his age. I am wanting to breed him when he is old enough to another female, I want to buy my own female also. No breeding loans as theres to much that can go wrong. What are some ins and outs of breeding carpet pythons, better yet jungle?

He is a KL Jungle Carpet Python, which KL is another word for Palmerston, so I've been told through research. I would say he is quite long for his age, his head looks a bit out of proportion to his body, but he is on small adult rats, one a week, he doesnt look underweight. I also would like to know how big yours were at his age.

I am very eager to breed him to a female, when he is old enough, so any help would be appreciated!

Cheers....

For example, what time of year would i put them together, how do i know hes old enough and the right condition to breed?, how do i know they will be okay togetehr in same enclosure for breedng, how lomg till i notice a gravid female, how do i knw he is ready to breed, or a female is once i get one? how long do the females stay gravid for, how do i incubate, and look after them, while gravid... etc..

No one will answer this in depth, keeping and breeding australian carpet pythons is your best friend and will have all the answers you need

^^ This.
Also KL isn't another name for Palmerston. KL stands for Kraus Line - Peter Kraus being the breeder who founded a particular lineage of Jungle with a defining characteristic - jet blacks and high yellows. Not sure if they were originally Palmerston locales, but if so it's like Scotch and Whiskey; All Scotches are Whiskeys, but not all Whiskeys are Scotches.

He should breed next season without any problems. You need to be more careful ensuring the female is conditioned correctly rather than the male. (You still need to condition the male though min weights etc are not as important)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back