What type of Jungle is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beehand

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I bought this jungle python from somebody who was not a breeder, so the description was just "jungle python". I am curious as to what type he is, as I understand from basic research on these threads that there are various localities within the cheynei subspecies which could predetermine/affect their temperament, markings, size, etc. The person I bought him from said he is a year old, but he is so small I feel like he must be younger! He's probably about 45cm long, and feeding on hopper mice once a week. He has a surprisingly sweet temperament and has never bitten or even hissed at me.

I am just curious if anyone can give me suggestions, I would love to know which locality he is from.
428097048_3725180967804444_6181922526596910431_n (1).jpg 428206908_329677696733519_6745791509269486446_n.jpg428169889_256707327377862_7169659494496597527_n.jpg428457794_308775145150600_842833983692867984_n.jpg

It’s just a jungle python, possible zebra jungle possibly a cross with another Morelia ssp

It's a mixed blood Carpet Python. It has some Jungle in it, but other stuff as well, certainly not a pure locality animal. When it comes to mixed animals you'll rarely know exactly what it is unless you know the entire history of the animal, and it's especially difficult with Carpet Pythons.

Carpet Python care is basically the same for all types (slightly different for Diamonds, bredli and Murray Darlings, but only Diamond Carpets need anything particularly different).

Carpet Pythons are seasonal breeders so it's about a year old (it can't be about 6 months old because six months ago was nowhere near the season they hatch in, etc). Back in the 90s I had a pair of Carpets which at the same age were smaller than yours because they were tricky feeders, then around a year of age kicked on and both ended up exceptionally large, one grew to about 9' and the other to just over 10', one of the largest Carpets I've ever seen.

Have fun with him! Sounds like a lovely snake!

It's a mixed blood Carpet Python. It has some Jungle in it, but other stuff as well, certainly not a pure locality animal. When it comes to mixed animals you'll rarely know exactly what it is unless you know the entire history of the animal, and it's especially difficult with Carpet Pythons.

Carpet Python care is basically the same for all types (slightly different for Diamonds, bredli and Murray Darlings, but only Diamond Carpets need anything particularly different).

Carpet Pythons are seasonal breeders so it's about a year old (it can't be about 6 months old because six months ago was nowhere near the season they hatch in, etc). Back in the 90s I had a pair of Carpets which at the same age were smaller than yours because they were tricky feeders, then around a year of age kicked on and both ended up exceptionally large, one grew to about 9' and the other to just over 10', one of the largest Carpets I've ever seen.

Have fun with him! Sounds like a lovely snake!
Thankyou! He is very sweet

Back