Building New Malamine 3 bay Enclosure's.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

megadeth3d

Not so new Member
Reaction score
G'day everyone, Just thought i would post my design for y new 3 bay malamine enclosure i'm going to build, Here is the basic Design and dimension's for it. :) I was going to get bunnings to cut the wood for me.

All enclosure's are going to be built separately because i would like the freedom to move them around if needed to and incase i have to move instead of moving one big hunk of a enclosure i can do it individually to make it easier. I chose to do wire mesh door's because i haven't got the tool's to cut the hole's for vent's. Each enclosure will have support beam running along the top for extra support when stacking ontop, I was going to fit my own screw in fitting's to each enclosure ( 2 in each one.) Like i said this is just in planning stage at the moment's so please if you have any advice or tip's please DONT hesitate to leave a message! :)

Also i was wondering if i should dowel or screw? I wasnt sure of this simply because all the enclosures i have seen haven't had screw's? Or at least i couldn't see them haha.

not sue how to quote so i will just copy and paste.

top and bottom 1200x600sides 568x584back 568x1168you can get 1 1200x600x600 enclosureout of 1 8x4 sheet ($33 @ bunnings) , it is worth getting 2 strips cut or use pine that is 1168x100 to put at the front where the glass slides go , it will stop it sagging if you are going to stack another enclosureon top .I used flexi glass instead of glass its heaps cheaper and doesnt shatter as easy

from this link

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...die-enclosure-build-progressive-thread-137914

i just knocked this up yesterday and the sizes are great and a really solid unit that won't need bracing.

not sue how to quote so i will just copy and paste.

top and bottom 1200x600sides 568x584back 568x1168you can get 1 1200x600x600 enclosureout of 1 8x4 sheet ($33 @ bunnings) , it is worth getting 2 strips cut or use pine that is 1168x100 to put at the front where the glass slides go , it will stop it sagging if you are going to stack another enclosureon top .I used flexi glass instead of glass its heaps cheaper and doesnt shatter as easy

from this link

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...die-enclosure-build-progressive-thread-137914

i just knocked this up yesterday and the sizes are great and a really solid unit that won't need bracing.

I got my dimension's from there aswell, i still drew it up to see what it would have looked like, Did you dowel or screw it together? and could you tell me how much the flexi glass would cost? and could you maybe take a photo of yours? :)

i drilled pilot holes and used screws with the little white caps. i also used glue for added strength. it's pretty solid. i'll try to get pics up tomorrow. no idea on plexiglass but i got a quote on normal 5mm glass with some special edge for $65.

i drilled pilot holes and used screws with the little white caps. i also used glue for added strength. it's pretty solid. i'll try to get pics up tomorrow. no idea on plexiglass but i got a quote on normal 5mm glass with some special edge for $65.

the edge on the glass would be polished and radiused to take the sharp edge off

i got 6 pieces of 600mm x 550mm x 6mm with the edges done for $180. Always ask if you will get it cheaper for cash and that you don't want a receipt

Dowling is far more complicated and requires the right tools to be done properly. I would suggest using screws, and always glue and screw whatever you’re making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back