Camels

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No is the short answer; unless your planning on a small buisness, then you need third party insurance.

Cheers,

I.V

theres a guy in port mac that owns a few of them. he does camel rides along the beach , charges like $20 per person for 1/2 hour , something like that. not bad profit for owning a few camels. im sure if you had plenty of room you would be aloud to keep them. good luck not to sure what the cost is on freight but if you where real keen you could just ride it home:lol::lol::lol::lol: yee ha gidiup :lol:

Yes

I'm pretty sure if you wanted to keep them you would have to have all the relevant paperwork. They are'nt like keeping a horse and YES you would need speacial insurance to use them with the public.

They are feral pests. They are estimated to be in the many thosuands in the outback.

Reports are that there would be around 500,000. They are a major, major pest out in the bush and are eradicated accordingly.

Desert Knowledge CRC just got $19 million to go after the camels in the Outback - up to a million, doubling every 8/9 years.

I ate camel once (not a whole one). it was stringy.

Don't underestimate the power of a camel. I've seen one grab a person and swing him around like a ragdoll. They are quite capable of killing someone, unlike a snake that's going to draw a little blood.

As to permits - no idea. I'd say it would vary from state to state and territory to territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back