Can anyone help me with my camera?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythonlover

Reaction score
Hello every one this morning i went fishing and my camera fell out of my tackle bag into the water :(, its a Cannon Powershot A60, if anyone can help me i dont know how to dry it and its got some very nice photos on there?

Thanks in advance everyone:)

Bad luck mate.

For starters, I hope you haven't already, but DON'T turn it on while it is wet. Think if it this way, if there is water all over the circuit and you apply power to the circuit, chances are you will stuff it if it isn't already. Problem is most people first thing they do when they drop something into water is power it on - bad idea when its full of water!!

Your best option is to dunk it again - but under FRESH water. Dunk it well. Then leave it somewhere warm to dry, for at least a couple of days, prefer a week. Obviously it would be better if it could be taken apart to make sure it is dry, but a week in a warm place should do it. Comes back to applying the power when its wet problem.

However, most cameras store data on the memory card, which may well be fine. Take it out of the camera, rinse it again under fresh water and leave it somewhere to dry for a little while too (a couple of days for that should be fine - in fact, the memory cards are well sealed, but you don't want to take the risk, better leave it longer than rush it and be sorry).

Go to a friends place or buy a cheapo card reader for your computer (ebay or your local corner computer store), and stick the card in and download pics to your PC.

No guarantees this will work though mate, but better than nothing.

BTW, dunking it in fresh water gets all the salt out of it as it will corrode badly internally if you just let the salt water dry. If you were lucky and were fishing in fresh water, then don't bother dunking it again, just let it dry thoroughly.

Important thing is don't power it on when its wet internally.

Good luck.

thanks guys ill give it a try after tea,

and falcon boy as soon as i dropped it i took the batteries, thanks again ill give it a go :)

I once had a friend who dropped her phone in water.
So she put it in the microwave hahaha :rolleyes:

I once had a friend who dropped her phone in water.
So she put it in the microwave hahaha :rolleyes:

was that friend you by chance Kells Bells?

I like falconboys advice, I just wonder if it will work. If not, as said above the memory card will be fine so long it's dry... I once washed my USB memory stick... full cycle, heavy duty, detergent, the lot... Even fabric softner... Didn't do anything at all to any of the information on the memory stick.. in fact, i still use it today!!!

yeah i havent got one of them card readers so tomorrow im just gunna pop into the photo shop and see if they can extract the pics for me, i hope it works lol i have had it for ages and its always done me proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back