My snake maybe sick

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottish1281

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted some help/advice. Last week I bought a few packets of rats from petbarn, anyways before the weekend I fed 3 of my snakes one x-large rat and out another bag I fed my bigger python a second large rat but last night just out the blue the larger snake (Rosie) started to regurgitate and what sounded like some very loud wind so I ran to her tank and she had diarrhoea with lots of worms in it after that she went back to seem fine but who knows with snakes if they are fine or not. I only feed her rats from the pet shop would it be possible that the rats have have her worms? I called the pet shop this morning and they said it was a supplier problem so I called up the dolittle farm but the number is not available and their website is down due to reconstruction so I sent them a message on their Facebook page and had no luck with a reply. I don’t know if I should buy her wormer from pet shop or take her to the vet for a better check up and if it would have been the rat that has gave her worms but it’s worried me about my snakes health. Any advice would be great.

How long have you had the snake that has worms? If its a recent addition it may of already had worms? I'm surprised the pet shop admitted it was a supplier problem? Must of been fresh killed rats if that's the source? I'd inject the next feed with a reptile wormer at the recommended dose per weight of snake and possibly worm any other snakes that ate them rats.

Back