Can anything else go wrong......?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaaTom

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Woke up this morning with 90% of my rats gone, looks like one of the kids left the garage door open and the dog/cats got in..... GGGRRRRR :evil::evil::evil:

You may want to leave an open cage with some food in it out in the shed or one just outside. Its amazing where the little guys can hide. I went away in feb and dogs got in to my collection, had 6 cages destroyed and thought i lost 10 rats but 7 ended up coming back. Never know your luck:)

get yourself a humane rat trap or 10 you will be able to re capture probably most of them if you act quickly. I find most escaped rats will stay in the area they are kept in as long as there is ample hiding spots, food and water so put out some water bowls and leave some food out and set the traps. I always loose some here and there but always recapture them fairly quickly.

Oh and if your worried about getting a few wild ones mixed in the batch i assure you that you will definitly know the differance lol

Luckily I live on 5 acres then... but I honestly think the dog with the help of the local feral cats helped dispose of them as there was a bit of blood around....

Aw, sorry to hear that Kaatom:(

Well, actually, the snakes could all escape and go off after the rats and there could be a sudden flood and everything drowns - that would be worse:)

Hope you get some of the rats back soon.

They often hang around, so if they dont get killed you have a fair chance of getting them back. I once had about 7 or 8 rats escape and i got them all back.

:shock:sorry to hear about that hope your able to recover the M,I,A rats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back