Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know, im just getting a coastal feeling from looking at it. Plus now hes only saying there 10 months old, not yearlings, and theyre a metre long. Isnt that way to big for a jungle, doesnt look like theyve been scarfed at all either.

Sorry , i forgot to add that cape yorks will get a lot larger than your 4-5 foot fair-dinkum jungles

Ok now im even more confused then when I made the thread. Steve I though that capey of yours was a coastal, not a jungle.

And are those babies jungles or not. But nevermind.. probably all be sucked up by now.

That's a nice looking python ponybug, I would have a look at the Atherton pythons for a mate for your girl, I have seen some very nice animals with similar colouration to her. (unless you want to add a splash more colour into your clutch.)

thats very interesting, this is george who i got from mrsshep77, mell always told me he would make a great b/f from my cape york? he is an atherton, i know mell, you told me so.........:lol::lol:

george6180.jpg

Hey ponybug, that animal is stunning, i have one from Shane Scarff and one from Shane Black's lineand both are crackers.

Simone.

hi simone, i've seen pics of some of theirs and they are stunning alright, i'm looking for a male for my 2 girls,

i have 4 options at the moment, there is george the atherton,

or jud my tully.........

jud5090.jpg

or agro my tully/palmerston?.......

agro5110.jpg

or this jungle who i'm not sure on location, but not very colourful

newjungle3657.jpg

sorry for hijacking your thread vixenbabe, but this might help answer your question a bit as all these are different location jungles.........

Oh god, I think im gunna ignore the subject now lol. If that is an atherton, it has the same colouration as the capey hatchies. How do you possibly tell whether they are capes or athertons, because athertons dont sell for anywhere near $700 do they, or is it still dependent on their colouration as to what price they fetch.

its very simple,
not all jungles or cheynei are created equal ,???? each is a individual in looks ???
each clutch has variations in patterns and colours
some are dull, some are bright, colours vary from ivory to bright yellow,
just as the black can vary from jet black, to dull black markings,
the nicer the jungle the more you are likely to pay ,

Capeys are not that difficult to track down, so Ponybug, i dont know why you would even consider crossing them with any other locale.

IMO, the "Cape York" monkier, covers such a large area, that I am irked by it in some ways. I respect the views of some of the forums more knowledgealbe members, such as the Stock's, Junglefreak, Indicus and co. , who really do have a grasp on local specific knowledge that can only be attained by years of experience in the area, but both the "Cape York" and "Atherton Jungle" names strike me as rather broad, considering the rather diverse python species/sub species that occur within relatively close proximity to each other up north (NB. hows that sentence for poor punctuation!). I can remember a specific post by Indicus, not that i can be bothered tracking it down, that went into some detail about the variation in general Atherton locale pythons, explaining the variations in colour/pattern/size throughout what he considered the Athertons distribution, from variagata like animals, jungle type, and even coastal like animals from different extremes of their ranges. Cape York in my opinion, would be similar due to the large geographical region that the name encompasses.

Thats just my 2 cents....

If you were to cross these different local jungles ponybug, what you sell the offspring as ? Your first pic is a cape york. i have'nt yet seen an atherton of that colour.

ihaveherps, i agree, i was sold both my girls as cape york jungles, they are both from the same line, i was hoping the second one was a male but i sexed it as a f/m, but because i liked her i still bought her, if you go back and read wokka's post he stated that my girl wasn't a cape york but looked like his palmerston, i don't want to breed her with anything else, thats the point, i was asking wokka what his adults were like because I WANTED TO BUY A MALE CAPE YORK JUNGLE to pair with my 2 girls, then caustichumor stated that she looked like an atherton, i have been asking around to buy a male as close to what my girl looked like as possible, it was only the 2 replys to my pics that made me ask the questions about what to breed her with,

thanks flinders, i just want to know what she is before i breed her, thats the point, i want to buy the same type of male as she is,

but just a question for you both (ihaveherps and flinders), would breeding her with a palmerston or atherton jungle male be any different then breeding an atherton to a tully jungle? all a want is a straight answer,

PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS INTO A HYBRID DEBATE,

i'm asking because i DON'T want to breed her to something that will be classed as a hybrid.............

I definately would'nt breed an atherton to a tully or palmerston.Some may breed palmerston x tully but i still don't think it's right.I believe in local specific breeding.It's already started where people don't really know what they are getting half the time due to cross breeding.

I definately would'nt breed an atherton to a tully or palmerston.Some may breed palmerston x tully but i still don't think it's right.I believe in local specific breeding.It's already started where people don't really know what they are getting half the time due to cross breeding.

thanks for your quick and honest reply, and please don't get me wrong, i want to buy a cape york male, i have been talking to a couple others and we are looking around to see if we can find what i'm after, i was just confused as 2 different members told me she wasn't a cape york jungle, the reason i even posted anything as i liked the ones advertised but wanted to see the parents,

but if i bred her with a different location jungle would that make them hybrids? or just mixed location jungles?

thanks in advance for any help you can give me.......

I dont know, im just getting a coastal feeling from looking at it. Plus now hes only saying there 10 months old, not yearlings, and theyre a metre long. Isnt that way to big for a jungle, doesnt look like theyve been scarfed at all either.

You sound like you have gained ALOT of experience in your years of keeping herps, all that from a photo . AWESOME ! .
Maybe i should come to you for advice . LOL
Cheers

IMO fair dinkum jungles are 4-5 foot long.Athertons will grow in excess of 7 foot and so will cape yorks.The best thing you can do is keep your eyes peeled for a male capey.There was an adult male on RDU some time ago.I would have to say breeding different locals would make them hybrids.As i said it's something i don't believe in but not only that you could'nt fetch top dollar for them if and when selling and we have a new generation of herpers coming through to set an example for so things don't go out of control.

IMO fair dinkum jungles are 4-5 foot long.Athertons will grow in excess of 7 foot and so will cape yorks.The best thing you can do is keep your eyes peeled for a male capey.There was an adult male on RDU some time ago.I would have to say breeding different locals would make them hybrids.As i said it's something i don't believe in but not only that you could'nt fetch top dollar for them if and when selling and we have a new generation of herpers coming through to set an example for so things don't go out of control.

thanks flinders, my search will continue, i guess i'll find one soon, i'm chasing a male thats over 2 years old if possible, so if anybody has one, :lol:

and thank you for giving me a straight answer, i seem to find it hard somedays to get straight answers,

You sound like you have gained ALOT of experience in your years of keeping herps, all that from a photo . AWESOME ! .
Maybe i should come to you for advice . LOL
Cheers

She was just giving her opinion..and if you don't remember she was asking a question as the op :rolleyes:. Why is it so hard to think that, i woulda wondered the same thing as it sounds pretty logical. No need to be all arrogant..

She was just giving her opinion..and if you don't remember she was asking a question as the op :rolleyes:. Why is it so hard to think that, i woulda wondered the same thing as it sounds pretty logical. No need to be all arrogant..
are you here boyfriend or something?;)
very nice wokka
this is nearly as bad as the intergrade subject!
wil

Bit of a touchy subject isn't it?

Just to rub it in Ponybug, this is our my male. Would make a great mate for your FM but he is all spoken for....;)

Cheers Rob

Attachments

• Male Cape york.jpg
    Male Cape york.jpg
    669.4 KB · Views: 161
thanks for the pic rob, thats what i'm looking for, anybody else????????????

yes it is a bit of a touchy subject,

i just know if i had $700.00 spare and wokka had a male i'd be getting one of his,

i'd love to see some more cape york jungle pics, be better then worrying about who said what.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back