Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they are my favorite of all snakes the cape yorks.
would love to own one and you all seem to have some specky looking animals!
very nice indeed!

: )

they are my favorite of all snakes the cape yorks.
would love to own one

: )
Why dont you buy some? There's quite a few getting around now. My favourites are Shane Blacks line, their more b&w than the other lines. I plan on getting some next season.

Yes there seems to be experts everywhere doesn't there.To me a proper Cape York depending on locality can be very similar to Athertons but are a more dry inland carpet not a proper jungle or proper coastal.

In fact sorry to burst anyone's bubbles but there's been a line of Capes being bred for many many years now by many different people and i know the line that many of the animals posted are from which are not true Capes at all they are the result of a true Cape crossed with an Atherton and many people will know this to be the case.Does this make them Hybrids?I don't think so as i believe there needs to be a lot more work done on Athertons and especially Capes to be given a specific name as a sub species etc.To me coastals are found on or close to the coast,hence the name coastals,there's no coast near where many true low end capes i've seen and i'm sure the same goes for further North.They are a very very big animal and have huge boofy type heads and very thick set bodies and very different than your averagee coastal or jungle other than some Athertons depending on locality.I've not seen but have heard of the massive Chillagoe carpets which are big 10 foot thumpers but have seen many many lower end Cape Yorkers and in my books aren't proper jungles which is where i can't getthis calling them Cape York Jungles???Very similar to Athertons but differ again and the variety seems to be endless.Just did a trip up North and saw what many people could easily mistake as a black and white jungle but give it time it will turn into a huge thumping carpet nothing like a black and white but definitely similar to an Atherton which is again an area form jungle but not a true jungle in my books whichlive in the jungle and don't get much bigger than 5 foot sometimes 6 foot depending on locality such as some Mission Beach animals for example.

It's all very confusing especially when fact is many of the so called true capes posted are actually crosses of Athertons and Capes.Also that line used to sell for $350 but has gone up incredibly in price however are lovely looking animals.Some of the nicest i've seen belonged to an old member from here "nigmax" if i recall correctly,i'll try dig up a pic.

Also attached a pic of a lower end Cape from just out of Mareeba,big thickset animal with a nice tri stripe pattern.

If noone believes me regarding the Capes mentioned as being crosses maybe some people should pm the people who really do know and will give you a further explanation,however that's not to say they don't look like true Cape Yorks!

First pic is one of "nigmax's" Capes from the same line as ponybugs and a few others on this thread and a stunning animal.

Next 2 are from similar localities the striped one just out of Mareeba..

Attachments

• P1010537e (Small).jpg
    P1010537e (Small).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 90
  • P1000298 (Small).JPG
    P1000298 (Small).JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 93
  • bendcape (Small).jpg
    bendcape (Small).jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
It's all very confusing especially when fact is many of the so called true capes posted are actually crosses of Athertons and Capes.Also that line used to sell for $350 but has gone up incredibly in price however are lovely looking animals.Some of the nicest i've seen belonged to an old member from here "nigmax" if i recall correctly,i'll try dig up a pic.

If noone believes me regarding the Capes mentioned as being crosses maybe some people should pm the people who really do know and will give you a further explanation,however that's not to say they don't look like true Cape Yorks!

First pic is one of "nigmax's" Capes from the same line as ponybugs and a few others on this thread and a stunning animal.

Your post is a little confusing (paragraphing helps ;)). Are you saying that the snake in the first picture is from a line of Cape Yorks X Athertons?

Ponybug, nice Cape York Carpet. The ones for sale also look like Cape York Carpets, just a slightly lighter colour. If you need a male grab one of those, they look really nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back