Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Of the members who own cats.. how many have cat runs outside for their cats?

• Yes

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • no cat run but kept inside

Votes: 30 47.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael one of the reasons why feral cats are as difficult as they are to control is because they don't eat already dead food. So the majority of cats caught in traps with tinned food as bait are either pets or have not been long in the bush.

Jeffa, if you want to make difference (not that it would make any) or least being seen as doing something meaningful, take your traps and a tin of sardines to the bush and give your skill a run there. Feral and domestic cats may be the same species but they are different just like urban and wild ecology are different.

Cockney, such idiotic, extremist mentality can send me into a spin. I am a conservationist but I am also a responsible owner of one black "enviro cat".

17 years ago, this guy in Townsville had a reptile collection, including some large scrubbies. He showed me his snakes one day and then he opened up his chest freezer. Amongst some rats and mice were 5 cats, one of them our cat that went missing few weeks earlier. I can't describe here what happened to this guy and his freezer there and then. Had he not relocated the next day, there would have been series part 2.
I may have that glass of red after all.

.... read this Gordo.

I think it is great. Sure the difference we make is minimal but anyone getting rid of feral cats in their yard is doing good. I define feral as not on the couch in the lounge room.

Cockney, such idiotic, extremist mentality can send me into a spin. I am a conservationist but I am also a responsible owner of one black "enviro cat".

17 years ago, this guy in Townsville had a reptile collection, including some large scrubbies. He showed me his snakes one day and then he opened up his chest freezer. Amongst some rats and mice were 5 cats, one of them our cat that went missing few weeks earlier. I can't describe here what happened to this guy and his freezer there and then. Had he not relocated the next day, there would have been series part 2.
I may have that glass of red after all.

.... read this Gordo.
:O

Hey Sax, soon as I saw this thread, knew it would go off.....while it lasts :)

Michael my house backs onto a floodplain that is used for cattle grazing most of the year. If my dog gets out there he will be shot, i see the ringers, coppers and the bored trigger happy hillbillies out there at least once a week killing the dogs that are out there without their owners.

I know what will happen to him if he gets out, so i make sure he doesn't get out. You should assume the same thing will happen to your pets if they get out of your yard.

I do sympathise with seeing your pet in someone's feezer though. It would have been a pretty rotten thing to hapen.

My ferals to do list is .
Cats
Foxes
Wild pigs
Toads
All humanly killed by a peace of lead to the vitals .
GOOO GET THEM :lol:

Gordo, that's a different situation, as you said you live in a natural environment where dogs and cats don't belong. I don't know where Jaffa lives but I dare to think in some suburb. The cat in his trap looks nothing like a feral. There are people on this planet (some in Jaffa's suburb) that keep cats for company and to many of them it's a tragedy to loose their beloved pet of many years. I don't want to sound soft-hearted but to post a recipe on APS how to get rid of a cat, which will invariably hurt someone is a moronic act. Nothing smart or brave about it. Sorry.

My ferals to do list is .
Cats
Foxes
Wild pigs
Toads
All humanly killed by a peace of lead to the vitals .
GOOO GET THEM :lol:
Hey JF,out of that lot, the only ferals we have half a chance of ridding is pigs..

When I was in Port Stephens I had a few acres
Lots of neighbourhood and feral cats and dogs and few native animals
I fenced it well and prohibited cats or dogs under any circumstances

I started by trapping and returning pets
But that was just ignored so I shot them after 2 written warnings
Took 2 years and that place was the equivalent of any native animal park in NSW
Echidnas goannas snakes roos koalas possums black cockatoos and even phasogales??
Schools would drop in to see native animals in natural surroundings

The native animal damage that even pet cats can do almost equals mans
So I have zero sympathy for cat owners who let them roam

Good on you Jeffa.If it's in your yard get it removed.I hate the fact that some cat owners allow them to roam and have no sympathy for them, if they have to go pay a fine to get them back from the pound.

Gee, there is so much bush logic and wisdom in some of these posts.
Good on ya Jaffa, good on ya Rams, good on ya ....... pat your selves on the shoulder, the world will be grateful to you for your radical attitudes. Join the Greens, Bob will pet you on the shoulder too.

I getter go now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back