Centralian blue tongues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Pike1, if I kept a mix of Shingles, Centralians, Easterns and WA blueys in a large pit, would I risk creating frankenstine babies or do they all stick to their own species when choosing a mate?

:0)

Frankenstein city Saz,even shingles and blueys will cross,have seen pics of them,never had it happen to me.But certainly wouldn't keep different blueys together.I set my pits up by sitting them on shade cloth so they cant dig out and then putting in 6 inches of course sand so the sand is sitting above the ground.This provides excellent drainage and the sand is nearly always dry.During extended rainy periods (yeah right) I will bring the shingles inside till it dries out a bit.I haven't had any respiratory problems yet and been doing it for a few years now.There was a bit of pit movement to start with till I found the right position for the whole year, e.g enough sun in winter.

Good grief!!! Shingles will mate with blueys???? What on earth do they look like? Thanks for the advice, will keep them WELL apart LOL!

Thanks for the advice too.

lol,yeah bluetongues have been crossed with cunninghams as well.

Will you have any red shingebacks or WA blueys available this season Pike1? If so would be great if you could put me down for a couple of each. Would it be possible to keep WA blueys and shingles together inside whilst I grow them up, before they reach maturity and I move them outside seperately?

I will be keeping the first lot of red shingles, might have some more westerns though, they have been mating.
I keep mine together,I don't think its common for them to cross breed,but it is possible.I will let you know when I'm sure they are gravid.

Great!! Thanks for that, I'll cross my fingers :0)

i was going to say u need to talk to pike saz,as he keeps his out doors in se qld but he beat me to the punch,i find it best to keep them with in there own species to,but it should be ok to house them together,some will stress with other blueys with them,so allow alot of room if u do that,i keep juvie stumpies and westerns together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back