Childrens Python feeding question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakebaker696

Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first post here, I had a look through some of the other threads using a search but couldn't see anything that really answered my question, but sorry if it has been asked before.
I recently got a 6 month old childrens python, which was apparently feeding well before I took it (I saw it feed at the breeders place), it's fed twice when I first got it, but seems uninterested now, and scared of the pinky if anything. It'll check the pinky out, then as soon as it touches the pinky, it bolts away. Temperatures are good (hot end around 32-34, cold around 26-28 ), always has water and has a hide at each end. I've tried leaving the pinky in there with the snake, braining the pinky, but nothing seems to be working.
The only thing that has changed is that when I got it, it was very snappy and aggressive, but now it's pretty much settled down and handles fairly well. This seems to coincide with the feeding issue, maybe it's just coincidence but I don't know. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Went in this morning and she was curled up in a vine that's hanging from the top of the tank, tried a pinky again that I'd brained & she took it. The few times now that she's eaten, have all been from the vines. Maybe she prefers it there or something. Going to up size her food now, she polished the pinky off in less than a minute, and there's not much in the way of a lump. Is this ok or is she still too young to take something larger at six months old?

ok to upsize the food, snakes can eat bigger than you think.

when you say pinky - mice or rats ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back