Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricko

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wandering if any people on here have any taipans and any pictures of them? or if anyone breeds them? Im interested in getting them but along way down the road, but it was a hot topic of conversation the other night when a few mates and i were having a drink wanderin how many people keep them.

Cheers Rick

imo the coastals look so much better. ill snap some pics of the coastal on display at the zoo

yeah in a sense i like the coastals better but the fiercies look absolkutely awesome specially if they have a nice yellow looking belly.

where talking about taipans spotted. nice pic fuscus. hey fuscus did you end up going on that trip up north.

does anyone know if peter mirtschin breeds the taipans he has or are they simply all milkers? love the coastal pic fuscus they are such good looking animals.

One of the guys at the SA herp group breeds both species, only been bitten three times :shock: Interesting thing about inlands is that they change colors according to the season, during the winter they go dark, while in the summer they go light.

ive never seen a really bright inland.

saw one at the zoo the other day that couldve been mistaken for a black snake

i saw a pic of a inland tiapan in a book and thought it was a BHP because it had an black head due to the seasonal change

a few contrasting micro pics

fierce1.jpg

Oxyuranus%20microlepitodius01.jpg

r_00069.jpg

Ricko said:
Just wandering if any people on here have any taipans and any pictures of them? or if anyone breeds them? Im interested in getting them but along way down the road, but it was a hot topic of conversation the other night when a few mates and i were having a drink wanderin how many people keep them.

Cheers Rick

Bob Whitey has some coastals left if your really interested. Beautiful little things. Not my cup of tea though!

spottedpython, there is no such snake as a yellow bellied black, lots of snakes can be black with a yellow belly thou.
Inland taipan.

ssssnakeman said:
melb royal show last year i fell inlove with inland taipans
great temperment generally speaking but the coastal has the best head

are they less aggresive than coastals generally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back