Common Tree Snake Keepers & Breeders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dippy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm interested in buying a couple of Blue Phase Common Tree Snakes as my first Colubrids... And was just wonder who will be selling them this year and when? Also I am curious as to their general personality... I know that in the wild they are gone the second they see you and are extremely flighty, so I am curious to find out what having these guys in captivity is like... Do they tame up like our pythons do with constant handling or do they retain their flightiness?

Cheers guys

There actualy good snakes to keep once you got them feeding on mice or baby rats and they tame up well
just a little faster than carpets.

I keep mine in there own cages they are about 1200x600x600mm with heaps of branches big water dish and lots of green
fake plants with a hide I made out of a cd draw with a hole drilled in the front mounted under the basking light so it can sit on top and bask.

So a 4X2X2 will be enough for two adults? and which is better a vertical or a horizontal in your opinion?

I think it's personal choice i've had them in both they didn't seem to mind as long as they have stuff to climb on and some
places to hide.

I have a pair the female is an adult im just waiting for my boy to get older, they seem to be few and far between just have to keep looking out for them I wish more people would get into them there nice snakes.

DSCF1982.jpg

My female.

DSCF2260.jpg

My male

Last edited:
They are indeed, I like all of the Common tree's but the Blue phase is definitely my favorite. I dont know about anyone else but the Blue Phase with the white belly instead of the yellow is my fav =)

I like the blue phase my frend has one but it's a female to i like the black and yellow ones to.

Let us know how you go, it would be interesting to see if you mixed the colours.

Also amazing amazon in Melbourne has blue phase and green for $695 so i would check out their website as I'l be in the market for one in a year or so. :)

looking for a blue tree snake myself, if anyone knows of or finds a breeder please dont keep it a secret. we need to get more of these beautiful snakes breeding.....

There was one up on RDU about a week ago, PM Snakerelocation he also had some for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back