Confirm or Deny...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more of a discussion than a argument. There has been no name calling or threats, I think it has been quite civilized when compared to some threads on here. I'm sure if the mods thought it was arguing they would have closed the thread by now. Blue gave his opinion, I gave mine, so did some other people. Isn't that what a forum like this is about? And I agree with you, I'm sure Blue is a knowledgable guy and I have nothing against him. That doesn't mean I'm going to agree with everything he says.

Perhaps discussion is the better word to use but technically an argument is a form of disagreement that is going on here. Discussions can get out of hand and it is hard to know when you have crossed the boundary over the internet. Whilst I have seen worse insults posted on aps I wouldn't call some of the insults posted on this thread civilised.

Last edited:
its all about the APS Love each and every member has a special connection with the others,like an intricate web of joy and joyousness

i have encountered a couple of Brown Tree Snakes this year here in sunny Sydney,funny enough i haven't seen one in a tree only on open ground, a rock ledge or in one case the snake was in a BBQ entertaining area cupboard. None of them stood up to full height though whatever that is.but people certainly do exaggerate snakes behaviours,part of the reason why i have a job i suppose.
Yes i totally agree we need to educate.

.... None of them stood up to full height though whatever that is.but people certainly do exaggerate snakes behaviours....
Allow me to point out the logical error… If you don’t know what it is then you how do you know they did or did not do it? And you conveniently omitted the adjective “almost” in reference to height. Are you implying by your statement that behavioural description that Hal Cogger gives is exaggerated? Mr. Cogger makes them sound a lot more fearsome than Mr. Lean did.

Mr. Lean did NOT say full ‘length’, as some seem to imply. He said “almost to its full height”. I would interpret “full height” to mean “as high as the snake could get” if its lifted body stood straight up. Bear in mind that a BTS is more than capable of lifting the majority of its body off the ground and they do hold their body in a more vertical position than most snakes, when doing so. If it was in strike posture, the S-shaped loops would reduce the actual height compared to the potential height.

All of this was covered in the term I used previously... “a layman’s description”. That you expect pinpoint technical accuracy from some one being popped questions on the spot by a reporter and hot on the heels of what was most likely an emotion charged situation, is indicative of a closed mind attitude of “guilty until proven innocent”.

I am not saying I am right and you are wrong. What I am saying is that we need to be fair!!!

Blue

you have really looked into this blue,and you are correct in what your saying.
I need to stop getting angry at these stories,there is too many of them,and in my job i am exposed to them constantly,especialy people love to tell me these stories over and over again,everywhere i go.It is something i am condemned to.

$NaKe PiMp,
Whilst it is not a competition, you are clearly a winner!
You have earned my respect.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back