Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BAHHHHHH HA HA HA ...why not go full on out there and say its a corn cross BTS x gts x jungle x boa ...

Simply a harmless coastal carpet python. Morelia spilota mcdowelli.
A jungle python is very similar, only found in a different location, and generally have different markings/colours.
Both non-venomous but can still give a good bite if provoked!

A hypomelanistic (hypo) carpet is considered one with less melanin then normal, giving it a sort of washed out colouration with less black. (The melanin being the dark pigment in thier skin, much like us humans)
However, that snake is not a hypo. It is simply young and hasn't "grown" into its colours yet :)
Nat ;)

im confused...

is jungle and coastal 2 differnt typres

and whats a hypo coastal?

jungles and coastals r different snakes yes.
i'm no pro but this is my uinderstanding: a hypo coastal is a coastal with reduced melanin or something (the black pigment) least thast my understanding. and hypo is short for hypomelanistic, or something like that.

Will

Are you mongrels serious? You're having a go at someone because they have asked about the identification of a WILD snake they found. Get off your sodding high horses.

So are you guys saying that because i own a yellow face turtle that i should be able to identify every other species of turtle?

There are 14 different full species of python here is it really so hard to beleive and is it really that unacceptable that a novice doesn't know all of them? It looks to me like all you other n00bs are wetting yourselves at the opportunity to make youselves sound smarter than somone else. You lot better remember how you reacted to this persons question next time you ask something on this forum.

Are you mongrels serious? You're having a go at someone because they have asked about the identification of a WILD snake they found. Get off your sodding high horses.

So are you guys saying that because i own a yellow face turtle that i should be able to identify every other species of turtle?

There are 14 different full species of python here is it really so hard to beleive and is it really that unacceptable that a novice doesn't know all of them? It looks to me like all you other n00bs are wetting yourselves at the opportunity to make youselves sound smarter than somone else. You lot better remember how you reacted to this persons question next time you ask something on this forum.

i dont think we were having a go at one person.

i feel it was a myriad of idiotic question asked at the start of this thread.

basic knowledge of some of australian python speices should be had by all on this site. and i will never have a go at anyone for asking a question just the stupid answers that come from some ppl's mouth

i dont think we were having a go at one person.

i feel it was a myriad of idiotic question asked at the start of this thread.

basic knowledge of some of australian python speices should be had by all on this site. and i will never have a go at anyone for asking a question just the stupid answers that come from some ppl's mouth

Well i was actually having ago at these guys VVVVVvvvvVVVVV not the those that were offering useful information.

coastal carpet.

also why would you ask if its a jungle if you are looking to buy one? surely you would know what a jungle looks like?

I wonder how you own a spotted python and yet you didn't care enough to read about pythons in general. not knowing if it's poisonous or not...

my thoughts exactly!

and also how she put up an add for a Jungle hatchy a while a go, and asks in this thread if the snake she found was a jungle or not...... :?:?

lol. when i decided that i was ready to get a snake the first thing i did was read about snakes in general and thats "all" pythons. you can't really just read about one species i reckon. lol yeah i think i saw that ad he/she posted.

+1

I also think that you should be doing some reading on Australian pythons before purchasing a jungle

hi . please dont think i am being rude or a smart ar$e ok. but if u are looking at buying a snake as a "pet" and dont knwo what a carpet looks like you really should look at buying a good python book and do lots of research. ok.
cheers

Waruikazi...... i did state in the start of my post i wasnt being rude or a smart ar$e. ... i was generally curious .
cheers
mel

Last edited:
Waruikazi...... i did state in the start of my post i wasnt being rude or a smart ar$e. ... i was generally curious .
cheers
mel

Excellent but i stand by what i said.

Our community here is not representative of the wider reptile keeping hobby. We are enthusiasts we want to know everything we can about reptiles, not everyone feels that way. A great many keepers just want a novel pet and only want and need to know enough to keep their pet alive and happy.

And beleive it or not snake ID doesn't even rate a mention in captive husbandry and will not make even the slightest difference to the snakes well being in a general keepers care.

I happen to agree with WKZ (your name is a Btch to type lol)

It doesn't matter on the amount of knowledge one has as a novice or otherwise! We are here to offer help and advice, no matter how rediculous the question may or may not be to each individual. Personally, I found it to be quite the legit question, so answered it to my best ability..
Consider this next time you want to jump the gun and scream at nothingness!

Nat ;)

Is this actually a hypo? is there any way to tell?

I saw this little one recently and was wondering about it too, i suspect both may not be but they still look nice anyway. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• brissycarpet.jpg
    brissycarpet.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 59
  • brissycarpet2.jpg
    brissycarpet2.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 72
Just to be fair... the reason i didnt know about this snake is i bought many books, but those books were only on children and spotted pythons since i dont have anything else...Those books didnt have pictures of any other pythons so i wasnt sure if it was a jungle or a poisonous snake...

The jungle was something my friend wanted to buy, she uses my acount.

so back off!

and thank you for those who are respectful and helpful

yep..pay no heed to the flamers.

There are no dumb questions, just dumb answers.

Reptile ownership is rapidly expanding and coming out of the dark ages to be a modern, socially accepted pastime.

In the real dark ages many people were attacked, both verbally and physically as they dared to be different or asked questions. The same thing is going on here in this community.

Perhaps in a few years as we all grow etc it will be better...one can only hope.

I happen to agree with WKZ (your name is a Btch to type lol)

It doesn't matter on the amount of knowledge one has as a novice or otherwise! We are here to offer help and advice, no matter how rediculous the question may or may not be to each individual. Personally, I found it to be quite the legit question, so answered it to my best ability..
Consider this next time you want to jump the gun and scream at nothingness!

Nat ;)

+ 1

My wife and I have been keepers for a few years now, and she couldnt care less on identification of herps. She just cares that her animals get all the care they require.

I on the other hand am what you would call an enthuisiast (sp??). But even with all the homework and reading i have done i still cant tell the difference between some of the species of herps out there.

Just to be fair... the reason i didnt know about this snake is i bought many books, but those books were only on children and spotted pythons since i dont have anything else...Those books didnt have pictures of any other pythons so i wasnt sure if it was a jungle or a poisonous snake...

The jungle was something my friend wanted to buy, she uses my acount.

so back off!

and thank you for those who are respectful and helpful

Just use the search fuction and type in snake id, and have a read though some of the older threadsn where the "experts" have mad arguments about the id's of some snakes. So even the "experts" arent the all knowing herp gods that they think.

I rekon waruikazi is onto something here. There does seem to be a few high horses running around this paddock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back