Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They honestly were in the house, I would much rather find and photograph them in their natural habitat... and what would've been the right stuff for my brother to wash his hands with?

I blame striped marsh frogs :lol: it is a shame about the chytrid fungus, I have only gotten in to "frogging" recently and it seems like a disapointing hobby as so many of the frogs are declining. pretty sure we have only lost 3 species so far (2 gastric brooders and some day frog) but I reckon we are gonna loose a whole lot more soon.

It is a real shame about the extinct of the Rheobatrachus species as they were truly unique and fascinating. I agree with you though about further extinctions... Corroborree frogs arent very far away I believe. At current trends, they are expected to be extinct in about 3-5 years :( Taronga Zoo have been undertaking a captive breeding program with them for quite a few years now, but they have had limited success.

They honestly were in the house, I would much rather find and photograph them in their natural habitat... and what would've been the right stuff for my brother to wash his hands with?

Not doubting you at all about finding the frogs. Best thing for them in terms of handling would have been probably a bit of bottled (dechlorinated water) on your hands to keep them moist and to prevent damage to their delicate skin.

ok cool... i know now for the future...

Yeah dont Tarongah Zoo have to artificially fertiliise the eggs using a frog IVF program cos they cant get them to breed ?

yes as said, dechlorinated water, only reason I think that repti hand is a bad idea is because most of the stuff like that does more harm then good. I would only use F10 because I know a lot of people use that as it kills chytrid.

I thought they were awesome pictures :) All I've seen in my backyard are perons tree frogs lol.

Yeah sorry Rach, I hope that ur were taking them outside, but if did just pick them up for a photo at least now u know not to do it again

if anyone is interested in this, did a quick search as I was curious as to what is endangered at the moment. I have only seen about 5 species on that list in the wild.
Frogs Australia Network - Frog Declines
Australia's Extinct Frogs

Australia's Critically Endangered Frogs

Australia's Endangered Frogs

Australia's Vulnerable Frogs

Australia's Near Threatened Frogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back