Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach85

Reaction score
My brother found these two in the house, so before he (gently) took them outside, I snapped some pictures :)
I wasn't sure if i'd get comments about him having them in his hand, but it was just to take them outside...

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 54
They look as if uv picked them up while mating (which they only do in water)
So unless ur house is flooded i seriously doubt ur story
And by the way they are one of our country's most endangered frogs
next time you see a endangered species mating leave it alone
Ud have alot more people interested if you took pics of them mating in the water

They look as if uv picked them up while mating (which they only do in water)
So unless ur house is flooded i seriously doubt ur story
And by the way they are one of our country's most endangered frogs
next time you see a endangered species mating leave it alone
Ud have alot more people interested if you took pics of them mating in the water

agree

yeah well as i said, they were found in the house. and unless we were supposed to leave them there, I did what i thought was the right thing to do. took them outside, to the water, away from the dog and cat.
But you can choose not to believe me if you like, but im telling it how it was. We found them the laundry, right in front of the door..

yeah well as i said, they were found in the house. and unless we were supposed to leave them there, I did what i thought was the right thing to do. took them outside, to the water, away from the dog and cat.
But you can choose not to believe me if you like, but im telling it how it was. We found them the laundry, right in front of the door..

you said your brother found them and took them outside, why change the story now.

did you wash your hands before touching them? and if so what with?

he did. he found them, i took a couple of pics, and we took them outside.... and are green & gold bell frogs found in WA?

was just asking. all i did was try to do the right thing by the frogs, by putting them outside. I got him to clean his hands with repti hand, and make sure they had dried properly.. the frogs were only handled for about 3 mins all up, just to take pics n take them outside... I didnt mean to do the wrong thing, was just making sure they were outta the way of the other animals....

Wow the colours on the female are amazing! Btw litoria moorei are actually listed as a species of least concern, not endangered.

Nice Pics Rach!

and are green & gold bell frogs found in WA?

No they are not, whats ur point?

I think she was just asking in General...Bite a little harder next time?

Dont worry rach, you know now in future what to do if you come across these frogs again.

Better them to be back in the wild than being cat or dog toys/food lol...

was just asking. all i did was try to do the right thing by the frogs, by putting them outside. I got him to clean his hands with repti hand, and make sure they had dried properly.. the frogs were only handled for about 3 mins all up, just to take pics n take them outside... I didnt mean to do the wrong thing, was just making sure they were outta the way of the other animals....

well good on you if they were really inside, it just doesnt really sound right, usually they amplex where they can lay the eggs. repti hand was probably a bad idea, that would do more harm then good.

Was not sure but with frog numbers the way they are today and with chytrid getting about they all are endangered in my books
I was talking to SOFAR the other day and they said that frogs numbers in whole have gone from something like 7000000 to like 1000000-2000000 in the past couple of decades

Chytrid fungus is devasting the frog population worldwide no doubt, although some species are worst affected than others. Some species actually have the potential to carry the fungus as reservior hosts without any ill effects. I do believe I read somewhere that even though the chytrid fungus has been known to occur in the homerange of L.moorei, there have not been drastic changes to their population sizes.

Seriously, people on here need to lighten the hell up!! BTW Rach, very nice pics, awsome colours

Chytrid fungus is devasting the frog population worldwide no doubt, although some species are worst affected than others. Some species actually have the potential to carry the fungus as reservior hosts without any ill effects. I do believe I read somewhere that even though the chytrid fungus has been known to occur in the homerange of L.moorei, there have not been drastic changes to their population sizes.

I blame striped marsh frogs :lol: it is a shame about the chytrid fungus, I have only gotten in to "frogging" recently and it seems like a disapointing hobby as so many of the frogs are declining. pretty sure we have only lost 3 species so far (2 gastric brooders and some day frog) but I reckon we are gonna loose a whole lot more soon.

Yeah i am aware of some frogs being carriers (common eastern froglet for example)
Thanks i did not know that about L'moorei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back