CRE confirmation?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanzey

Reaction score
Ok so I'm currently building a double enclosure for my snakes, they will be 4 x 2 x 2 each.
After reading through a few old threads on ceramic heat emitters, I'm just looking to see if 100w should be fine for these enclosures? They will be for yearling bredli and jungle. Or should I be looking at one around 75?

And yes they will each have a thermostat and cage.

Cheers.

I wouldnt imagine it would mnake a differenace runing a thermostat

It is not wise to overpower your heating and then rely on a thermostat to keep it at the required lower temperature. If your thermostat fails, as they do from time to time, when you are not around, your snakes could be in a lot of trouble quickly. By using the minimum power required to achieve the required temperatures you keep that risk to a minimum.

Chanzey,
I am sorry I cannot help directly with the CHE but a mate uses 60W spots for his carpets and gets a basking spot temperature of 35[SUP]o[/SUP]C at 30 cm distance.

Blue

Like blue said the lower watts the better. I run 60w in 50-75 gallon enclosures with no problem. CHE's produce more heat then bulbs. Just be careful when you turn them on. Every time I first fired one up they realese this toxic smell. I do not know if its bad, I would just rather be safe then sorry.

Like blue said the lower watts the better. I run 60w in 50-75 gallon enclosures with no problem. CHE's produce more heat then bulbs. Just be careful when you turn them on. Every time I first fired one up they realese this toxic smell. I do not know if its bad, I would just rather be safe then sorry.

I've noticed the smell when their brand new as well, but after a while it disappears. As Blue and Cali said, look at something small first. Personally though i prefer heat panels (ProHerp), switched to them a while ago and dont think i'll go back :)

I've noticed the smell when their brand new as well, but after a while it disappears. As Blue and Cali said, look at something small first. Personally though i prefer heat panels (ProHerp), switched to them a while ago and dont think i'll go back :)
I should have mentioned that. I'm in the same boat as you I'm over half way done switching them over. They look a lot better, they are sleek, and they don't stick out like a sore thump. IMO well worth the money.(even though they are a little expensive)

Thanks for the replies guys might looking at getting 1 60 watt bulb, and test it for a week before I put any snakes in, and i guess being up here in Tsv I don't need the more wattage bulb to get to that heat, especially in summer.

Cheers

Very exciting too, finally getting my guys out of click clacks and into something nicer :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back