Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im gonna get my globes and fittings off GVRS(goulbourn valley reptile supplies) they also have thermostats that u can set to a degrees for 40$, is that a good price, i have found a UV 24$ for a 3footer, yet to find a fitting.

I have kept crested dragons, and as said, are a very much advanced keepers dragon needing much more room than their body size indicates. Central netted have been recorded as having 3 year life spans in the wild, though in captivaty, should live 7 - 10 years and do much better in a smaller enclosure, just don't buy adults if your worried about longevity. Crested Dragons are great to keep, but require a serious size and heated enclosure.

Attachments

• cresteddrag2.jpg
    cresteddrag2.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 101
re Exotics

Ive found that beardys and small monitors get sand in the sliding glass cages,very annoying even when you have a kickboard,glass aquariums are best ,just put a spotty in one end.

for my beardie i went to a local recycle centre picked up a 3ft display cabinet ($25) the only thing i had to do was get the old man to put in a screw in bulb socket ($20 coz everythings a rip off here and didnt ave enough time to get one shipped) and a 2ft fluro light ($35) which i got from home hardware and a UV tube which you can get from the herpshop for around $10 i believe...i use newspaper in the bottom of the enclosure.... and have logs from various places like pet shops or the garden or random ones i find on my way to a mates house in the sticks. set up a woody tub to breed the beardies food in and bobs your uncle (or just buy live food from the pet shop, cheaper to breed tho). Good luck but remember beardies are addictive

re lilmis

Thats the way lilmis it dont have to cost a fortune,yes they are addictive critters the beardys,more popular than my bhps and other critters now.

Ctenophorus are generally very easy to keep, yes a little different to beardies but by no means difficult. Some need crevices to hide in, some need floor space to roam, all have simple dietary requirments, nothing that the average keeper cant provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back