croc devours 9 yr old

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah have to agree there as well mate , parents needs to teach kids respect and right from wrong ...... but the enclosure should not be accessible by children ,so some blame needs to go the owner / keeper IMO .

Ok, let's call it a draw :p

I have taught my daughter so much respect for wildlife that she not only respects it - but she looks after it!

there was no need for killing the croc thats for sure simply becuase of the amount of chinese people that already exist, the way i see it the croc was doing them a favour

The tragedy occurred at about 6 p.m. on Friday, when a pupil surnamed Liu and three other children from Xiantian Primary School climbed over the fence of a crocodile pool which had been temporarily closed.
Id be "blaming "the teacher who took the kids and didnt look after them,
Then id blame the owner, you cant blame the keeper because he wasnt even there and the croc had to be killed to retrieve remains.
The racial overtones in this thread is the most disturbing.
A 9 year old kid is a 9 year old kid no matter what colour it is.
I teach my kids respect for the natural world but i also teach them tolerance for all races and religions as well.

like my dad would have said if u play with fire your gonna get burn't

Wow. :shock:

Not everyone has the same attitude towards animals, and more especially reptiles, that we have. I used to live in Taiwan, and I used to see visitors feeding animals at the zoo. Visitors who stood right in front of the "please don't feed the animals" signs. I used to tell them to knock it off, which they did, but first they'd make a point of looking at me as if I'd just verbally abused them. :lol:

Wow. :shock:

Not everyone has the same attitude towards animals, and more especially reptiles, that we have. I used to live in Taiwan, and I used to see visitors feeding animals at the zoo. Visitors who stood right in front of the "please don't feed the animals" signs. I used to tell them to knock it off, which they did, but first they'd make a point of looking at me as if I'd just verbally abused them. :lol:

Yes, exactly!!!

I was at the Cairns Tropical Zoo, looking at the cutest wee cassowary chicks (they don't stay cute for long). Both chicks were right in front of the DO NOT FEED THE CASSOWARY - They're on a special diet and other food could harm or kill them.

And on the footpath were some tourist happily feeding the cute wee chicks... ahhhhhhh... I pointed out the sign. It was like I had taken away their right to live, or murdered someone... Not sure really.

Signs are there for a reason - so you don't have to read them I guess.

Of course, there's the alternative - at the aquarium in Sydney the sign reads - If you throw objects at our crocodile you'll be asked to retreive them.

[/QUOTE]Of course, there's the alternative - at the aquarium in Sydney the sign reads - If you throw objects at our crocodile you'll be asked to retreive them.[/QUOTE]

I LOVE IT! lol

at the aquarium in Sydney the sign reads - If you throw objects at our crocodile you'll be asked to retreive them.

Win! :lol:

On a positiove side for the family of the dead boy China has a One child policy, they get to have another shot and maybe get it right this time.

I wonder if parents are allowed to have another child if their first-born died? If they are, better hope that the mother didn't opt for sterilisation after her one and only was born.

Getting it right would be difficult. The one child policy + high value of children in Chinese culture + increasing wealth in the cities = not a recipe for well-adjusted adults who don't operate under the illusion that they're the centre of the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back