Ctenotus, Cyclodomorphus and Lerista question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Just wondering what species in these groups are in captivity, i know there are a couple of Ctenotus. What species apart from C. gerrardii are in captivity from Cyclodomorphus and finally, any Lerista out there?

1 Occational breeder, I've been trying to get some myself. I kept one years ago, they are great skinks and easy to keep on their own but very aggressive.

I know its not what you are asking about but there are some central earless dragons on RDU AHC.

Im also after these type of lizards.

found it, hope he gets back to me this time.

With the skinks i think a few of them are on the legal feeder list, so you could just catch some and say they are for food for something. I cant find the list but there is one somewhere. Im fairly sure c.rubustus and garden skinks and those stripy wall skinks are on it.

i know but i would love to be able to breed and share then with other keepers.

Yeah i know what you mean, i was thinking of writing a letter to the CEO and asking for permsion to catch keep garden skinks and C.virgatus but never got round to it. Might be worth a shot since they are happy for them to be used as feeders, not to mention how many of thousand get mowed everday.

Also do you have the feeder skinks list?

no i dont, i did ask about collection permits a while back for carlia species but have been talking to a local ranger so will ask her.

i do know of a breeder of garden skinks in bris, you probably already know who is tho lol

I have Cyclodomorphous casuarinae but still too young to breed. There are a small number of C. melanops in the zoo system. I am not aware of any lerista. I have Ct, pantherinus, leonhardi, robusta, taeniolatus to name a few.

no i dont, i did ask about collection permits a while back for carlia species but have been talking to a local ranger so will ask her.

NPWS service are quite reasonable with regards to collect from the wild permits BUT you must get past the DPI ethics committee at a fee of $500 to ask (non refundable) and no private has made it through that I am aware of (if you are not part of a uni staff then you have no right to do it - that's their attitude).

I also have a question directed at Danny in regards to skinks.

Will you be breeding G.queenslandiae? If so, what price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back