Diamond python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skadoosh

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i recently fed my diamond python a fuzzy mouse and for the past few days after feeding she has been aggressive and very active, she has kind of got a little bit more milky but i might just be seeing things because she hasn't been hiding at all, every time i walk past she comes right up to the glass and will snap at me? which she has never done in the past

Sound's like shedding from the milky part. Some snakes won't eat while there in shed, mine all do.

I'd just give him a week with a towel over the front of the cage, give it some privacy.

not exactly sure how old she is, i have had her 3 and a half weeks which would make sense if she is shedding but her eyes haven't changed and she isn't hiding or anything, just very active and aggressive. (pictures are as good as i can get while all she wants to do is eat me)View attachment 282855View attachment 282856

not exactly sure how old she is, i have had her 3 and a half weeks which would make sense if she is shedding but her eyes haven't changed and she isn't hiding or anything, just very active and aggressive. (pictures are as good as i can get while all she wants to do is eat me)View attachment 282855View attachment 282856
My snakes don't hide when they are going to shed but the best thing you can do is be patient try covering the enclosure is it in a high traffic area how big is she and what size is her enclosure she could be feeling vulnerable if its to big

she is probably about 30 cm long and her enclosure is 1m long, i sit right next to the enclosure on my laptop but she can only see a bit of me and it has never bothered her before but i have been putting towel over the front so she cant see me, i have been feeding her fuzzy mice once a week which leaves her with a nice bulge but is it possible that it is not enough?

Not all snakes get milky eyes when going into shed, I know mine just goes a dull colour instead of actual milky. Just give her some privacy and let her calm for a week.

i recently fed my diamond python a fuzzy mouse and for the past few days after feeding she has been aggressive and very active, she has kind of got a little bit more milky but i might just be seeing things because she hasn't been hiding at all, every time i walk past she comes right up to the glass and will snap at me? which she has never done in the past
Hatchling Diamonds are usually quite shy and secretive. Your hatchling might feel exposed and threatened. Try adding more hides in various places around the enclosure. Your photos show the snake coiled around the ceiling light fitting. This is a bit unusual and suggests to me that she's not happy with any of the hides that you've provided.

she is probably about 30 cm long and her enclosure is 1m long, i sit right next to the enclosure on my laptop but she can only see a bit of me and it has never bothered her before but i have been putting towel over the front so she cant see me, i have been feeding her fuzzy mice once a week which leaves her with a nice bulge but is it possible that it is not enough?
I think that your enclosure is too big for the size of your snake. A lot of beginners make the mistake of thinking that a generous sized enclosure is good for their little snake or want to provide something that the animal will grow into. It's better for young snakes to be provided with different sized cages as they grow.
It's possible that fuzzies are too small but it's more likely that your cage is too big and/or not enough appropriate cover e.g hides, or your cage is too warm. What are your temps and do you have a thermal gradient?

Last edited:
well at the moment it is summer and it is sitting around 37 degrees here in victoria and it's hard to get it any cooler i have been putting a water bottle with cold water in it for her to wrap around to cool down hut she doesn't use it, during night it get's cooler though, she has two hides on the ground but she never uses them because she seems to love her tower which she seems to use as a hide in a way, but she might want some bigger hides, i will see what i can find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back