Does anyone keep small skinks?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gonff

Reaction score
Hey!

Does anyone keep any small skinks like L. Guichenoti (grass skink) or L. Delicata (garden skink)?
Any Morethia, Psuedemoia or Saproscincus species?
Anyone keep fire tailed skinks(morethia ruficauda)?

:)

I do i keep ground skinks ( small and brown find them in rosebud most of the time )

i Keep 3 they r easy to keep . for an enclosure use dirt as a flooring and put a little bit of leaf litter ( change that weekly ) a few fake plants and some rocks and driftwood easy feed them crickets

yer, were did u get them from? ive always liked little skinks but never see any for sale anywere!:(

i dont buy them my granpa catches them in rosebud ... ( where our holiday house is ) we find them at our house sometimes

its not illegal to catch them if they r in your house ( in my instance my holiday house ) lol

have u ever heard of a five lined skink type it into goole images . cool as lizard . unfortantly they dont live in australia

i dont buy them my granpa catches them in rosebud ... ( where our holiday house is ) we find them at our house sometimes
It is illegal to catch or keep ANY Australian reptile without a permit. It doesn't matter if they are big or small. If you are found in posession of unlicensed reptiles you will be prosecuted byt the relevant Authoritites.

Some "small skinks" are very highly endangered and have extral legal protection. If you can't identify the skinks you catch you face the risk of extra prosecution for keeping rare species.

I keep lots and lots of small skinks.

exept AHG'S and southern marbled geckos

You are not aloud to catch southern marbled geckoes at all, they like all Australian wildlife
are protected and it is an offence to remove them from the wild :rolleyes:
Its about time you kids actually had a read of all the conditions of your licences:rolleyes:

exept AHG'S and southern marbled geckos

YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO COLLECT OR KEEP ANY AUSTRALIAN REPTILE WITHOUT A PERMIT FOR THAT SPECIES.

As stated above, you should understand the rules before you endorse breaking them.

indeed, but what skinks do u keep? any pics anyone?

Last edited:
I have kept and bred representatives of most major Australian skink genera. They have always been on Scientific permit, so I can't help you with acquiring captive animals.

I find the little skinks as interesting to have in captivity as lot of snake species, lots of activity, and they're pretty savage predators, no concerns taking on something their own body weight or larger!

The only place you can catch reptiles from the wild and keep them is Tasmania. We are allowed to keep certain types of skinks, mountain dragons and blotched bluey's. Parks have a licencing system for all herps including tigers , whitelipped and copperheads. You are allowed to keep up to 6 of each species but there are some on the list you need a special licence to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back