Don't Spoil the Royal???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Just got back from a quick walk in the park ( Carloo Pools area) Thought I'd share some pics. I'll start with the standard destruction stuff that you always see "not a stone left unturned" so to speak.

Attachments

• bushrape1.jpg
    bushrape1.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 193
  • bushrape2.jpg
    bushrape2.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 169
But it get's even better than that!

Attachments

• Royalvandles1.jpg
    Royalvandles1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 126
  • Royalvandles2.jpg
    Royalvandles2.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 122
Ahh I can't stand graffiti & vandals.
They should get their hands chopped off!

Just when I was pretty Pi###d with the world, I saw out of the corner of my eye, someone looking at me.....!

Attachments

• Ispytreesnake.jpg
    Ispytreesnake.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 206
That is absolutely deplorable. Really makes you wonder how their parents raised them.

Always feels good to find a snakey in the middle of July, bridges the gap alittle.

Attachments

• TreesnakeJuly.jpg
    TreesnakeJuly.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Treesnakejuly1.jpg
    Treesnakejuly1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Treesnakejuly2.jpg
    Treesnakejuly2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 115
nice picture of the green tree snake jason,shame about whats been happening in the royal though with the vandalism occurring...

Hey pretty snakey! What a great find. Lovely photos as well!

Jason, I'm sending you a pm now.

Great snake! Good find for July! Sadly the destruction on habitat around sydney is an all too common occurence these days.

Nice pics

Thanks for sharing the pics.

It's a pity that if people want to go and herp or search under rocks that they can't replace the rocks into the same position that they were found in.

Not sure how you would go but it is there any authority that woulkd be interested in seeing your pics? Maybe they could increase patrols through the park and catch the fools doing this.

The rock flipping thing is all through the park, It is ruining micro habitats for geckos and of course, broadheads. Every ridge in the park has upturned rocks, even miles off track.

I reckon it's gecko collectors. Their ruining the Broady's habitat.

I think your right Shane, I know of people flogging off Lic. geckos for $30, and they seem to have no shortage of them, also they are flipping rocks that clearly arn't going to have herps under them, showing they really don't know what they are doing.

I used to work at Royal and we were dealing with crap like this all the time, the only problem is, it is really hard to catch the people doing this, unless you were to follow every group of people that headed out into the bush. But, I have spoken to the guys down there and they are going to go out and try clean the graffitti up. Jason, could you please send me another pm with the details of roughly where the Graffitti was in the Carloo Pools area?

Cheers mate.

W#*%ers. Superb gts. Great find. Saw a huge sunbathing Diamond yesterday, but didn't av a snapper, so it never appened.:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

great looking gts!
as for the abitat distruction, its a shame, i hope the people resposible get what they diserve!
last yr an experiment that an honors student at USYD was running on broad-headed snake conservation was ruined due to people throughing the placed rocks of a cliff! its discusting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back