Dwyers snake??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

braids

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi I saw one today and would like to know some info about them? How ven are they if they are at all? What size? How far they stretch around the country? Just general info.
Thanks braids

I've been bitten on the finger, didn't hurt, no reaction. An allergic reaction is always a concern with any envenomation though no matter how toxic the venom. Aside from that a bite from this species is of little concern.

My pair were awesome critters that would ever so gently take garden skinks from my fingers. Being nocturnal and secretive you won't see them out all that often though. Not really a species i'd recommend keeping.

Yea saw that page. And it tells little much. Only tells u how long it's gets, how many live birth and range of distribution. Anyone know how venomous it is. Is it as venomous as a whip or marsh snake?

Thanks mrbredli!!! Just never seen one before and just wanted to know abit about them. Just curious? Why are they not good to have?

Last edited:
You asked for distribution information. Ive found wild ones to be fairly repugnant. Not sure if you want information on this species relevant to captivity or not (never kept them).

Im not sure of their toxicity relevant to the species you mention.

i know a few spots in North Victora where they are found but have no idea about other states :p

Mildly venomous, not great captives and very hard to get legally.

I used to keep a few of them, bred them in captivity. They had 8 live young. Been bitten probably more than 20 times and had nothing worse than a slightly swollen hand and itching around the bite site that lasted for months. Most bites were nothing more than a minor stinging sensation. They were pretty good to keep, we're quite active at night. Became very tame after a few days in captivity and I would handle them regularly. I used to keep them over 15 years ago before NSW licensing, I imagine they would be pretty hard to find on license.

Thanks to all that replied;-) that was great info thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back