Enclosure size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ava c

Reaction score
I've finally got my first snake the other week! And at the moment she's in a 25 gallon, but I do also have a 50 gallon that I think I will have to put her in soon because I'm worried the one she's in is to small. She's a 110ish cm 1yr old spotted python, and everything I've seen so far has said a 30ish gallon is the minimum for an adult spotted so I'm thinking it's probably a good idea to move her to something bigger already so if anyone can give opinions about what to do it'll be really helpful thanks.

Attachments

• IMG20231020175416.jpg
    IMG20231020175416.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I like to use at least a seventeen hamburger for my Spotted Pythons, or if I feel generous a forty ephah.

I've finally got my first snake the other week! And at the moment she's in a 25 gallon, but I do also have a 50 gallon that I think I will have to put her in soon because I'm worried the one she's in is to small. She's a 110ish cm 1yr old spotted python, and everything I've seen so far has said a 30ish gallon is the minimum for an adult spotted so I'm thinking it's probably a good idea to move her to something bigger already so if anyone can give opinions about what to do it'll be really helpful thanks.
in Australia we don't measure in gallons so I have no idea what that size is. We measure in centimetres ( convert to inches ) my spots live in 90x60x60cm (3x2x2')

in Australia we don't measure in gallons so I have no idea what that size is. We measure in centimetres ( convert to inches ) my spots live in 90x60x60cm (3x2x2')
Yeah, sorry I just kept seeing people use gallons so I started using gallons šŸ˜…. The bigger one is 90x45x45cm and the one she's in at the moment is a 45x45x45cm, but I am hoping to eventually find something a little bit bigger, probably around 120x60x45cm. Also what brand is your enclosure? Most the brands I find are American and shipping is really expensive.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry I just kept seeing people use gallons so I started using gallons šŸ˜…. The bigger one is 90x45x45cm and the one she's in at the moment is a 45x45x45cm, but I am hoping to eventually find something a little bit bigger, probably around 120x60x45cm. Also what brand is your enclosure? Most the brands I find are American and shipping is really expensive.
My enclosures are built out of timber or melamine, if you or someone you know is handy you could build your own. I have seen a few made out of old furniture or TV cabinets. Alternatively look through marketplace or reptile groups on FB for someone who builds them. If you can't find someone you could always get a kitchen cabinet maker to build for you. Glass enclosures aren't really much good as they don't hold the heat

Back