Fat-Tailed Dunnart Questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HerpNthusiast

Reaction score
Hi everyone I was wondering can anyone answer these questions
do Dunnarts smell and what is their diet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing Amazon sells them.

They eat a varied diet comprising of crickets, roaches, beef and catfoods.

They do smell but not very strongly, sort of mousy but not quite as pungent Just depends on how clean you keep their cages as they do tend to poo and wee all in the same spot.

I've tried amazing amazon they sold their last pair

Last edited by a moderator:
Bear in mind that Dunnarts are carnivorous marsupials. Fat-tailed Dunnarts are essentially insectivorous in the wild but on rare occasions might take a gecko or the like. They also prefer to forage on bare open ground, unusual for most dunnarts. A sizeable open area at the front of the cage, with shelter at the back of this will allow good observation opportunities while ensure the mice still feel secure. Awesome little characters to watch. Good luck with finding some.

Blue

Ok I'll keep that in mind yeah and thanks for giving me some luck I will definitely be needing that any other care tips on keeping these awesome marsupial's I will really appreciate it thanks.

Hey I've gotten an enclosure and two Dunnarts in my grasp I just want to know what is a suitable size enclosure for two or three amazing amazon said they're XL klick klack is good for two is this right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back