Feeding amount?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakebaker696

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 6 month old childrens python, which has been a fairly temperamental eater so far. It's been a month since she last fed, which I know is ok, she looks fine. My question is, when she takes food, should I try to give her a second mouse or just stick with one? I wasn't sure if I should give her more due to the gap between feeds, or if she's trying to tell me she's not hungry. Thanks.

Offer over and over until she stops eating it... Works for my stimi's :) they are same age and 70 grams and happy ill vegemites. Temps may be too low if not eating, check em.

- - - Updated - - -

What size food by the way? Weaner mouse by then ;)

Last time she fed she had a hopper mouse, I thought they seemed too big to be honest but I was told they'd be fine. She won't take another though and that was a month ago. Just offered her two fuzzies (in fairness, they're pretty big fuzzies) about 20 minutes ago and she smashed them both down so feeling better now. Temps are good too, 32-34 hot end, 26-28 cool end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back