Ferrets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Addam

Reaction score
i got my little girl home today :) shes a blonde haired, dark eyes ferret. Does anyone else have any? is there any special tips or hints anyone can give me? i have all the general care info but so insider hints would be awesome :)

Make sure you mate her each season, even if this is with a desexed male. A female on heat will stay on heat causing a condition (cant remember the name) which causes death!

Other option is to have her neutered.

Make sure the room or area she is allowed to roam is 'ferret proofed'. Also don't let her get to stuff like soap, foam and rubber because the tend to eat that stuff. Also what jay said. Getting her desexed not only endures a longer life it generally makes them less smelly.

-Will

Awesome,
Ferrets are great. My tip is to keep it cool. Ferrets don't tolerate the heat very well, so on hot days make sure she has a nice shady spot and perhaps spray some water on her or wrap up a bottle filled with ice and put it in her enclosure. Good luck :)

CUTE!

Id love a ferret..... but too hard to keep it in one section fo the house away from the other animals!

They're a great pet.My ferret was like having a puppy,Very playful

CUTE!

Id love a ferret..... but too hard to keep it in one section fo the house away from the other animals!

I keep my ferret in my snake room, no dramas yet. My snake room is a screen enclosure attached to the back of our house though!

As a young teenager growing up in country Victoria l was always "rich" from going ferreting for rabbits and selling the fresh rabbits to our local butcher and the skins to the hat makers [Milliners]...oh life was so simple then....solar 17 [Baden]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back