Freshwater crabs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no restrictions here for taking them privately

But doesn't it count as fishing in a way? Here you can fish with only size and seasonal restrictions but I know interstate you need a permit to fish (Not all states)

Yeah as I said our freshwater crab climbed plants. Whats the rules about catching crabs as pets over there?

Things like Mud Crabs and stuff you eat have various restrictions, look up fishing regulations if you want details. The smaller types require a licence to collect commercially I think. Im pretty sure you can catch them for personal use without any permit, just no dealing :lol:

I think you would be able to catch mosquito fish. Since they are a pest.

I kept and photographed few species over the years, they're great creatures.

very nice waterrat, if you ever come across any more i'd love to get some if you willing to send them down :)

Last edited:
There is a guy called Bob, he collects freshwater "everything" and he comes across some nice crabs. You can contact him on 07 40320477 Cairns Ultimate Aquariums.
I got most of these from him. He is happy to lend them to me for a shoot but otherwise he sells them.
The one in the 4th photo is from Iron Range and the last one is the Blue crab from Christmas Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back