Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie2257

Reaction score
i have been trying to think what reptiles i want to get next and i have finaly decided that i want to get green tree snakes, then i thaught turtles were realy cool aswell soo...
what i want to do is somehow get a longneck turtle and two gree tree snakes in the same inclousre, i live just north of sydney and seen both these species around so the temps wont be a hassle because they will be kinda the same but i just wanted to know if anyone else had done this or knows anyone with thins kind of set up.
and how big will i need the enclousre to house these reptiles?
aslo how much are gree tree snkes?
how big do they get ?

thanks eddie.

Green Tree Snakes when you can get them range from 200-1000.

They are very difficult to come by and usually go really quick. I would go for at least 3ftx2x2ft above water and similar under water... You will need to keep the water exceptionally clean as turtles aren't the cleanest of animals the the tree snakes will drink their water (meaning their excrement).

Tree snakes can also be very difficult to find eating rodents, most people tend to use fish ( as I did but mine also ate rodents). I also had keels in with them in a similar type tank as described above.

Golden Tree Snakes (high end of the range and go the fatest) tend to eat better than straight green ones.

About 4ft -5ft is about the avereage but can get up to around 6ft. They are very very messy, and need food every few days.

woow i dident know they were so hard to keep.
maybe the turtle in the same tank isent the best idea.
do you know anyone who has any or will have some soon?
thanks eddie.

No idea where you heard that gavgav but from what i have heard they are not that hard at all, the only real difference is they often dont eat rodents and they need more regular feeding.

No idea where you heard that gavgav but from what i have heard they are not that hard at all, the only real difference is they often dont eat rodents and they need more regular feeding.

thought i read it on the forum somewhere sorry my bad

ohh i dident know that i got told they were easy.
maybe they arnt the best snake for me then lol.

From all reports i have heard they are easy, only downsides is often they wont eat rodents, only fish (alot cheaper and easier to keep/breed then rodents) and need feeding every few days

i had my mates brown tree snake for a fre months whie he was away and he wasent to had to keep so i thaught they would be a bit like them.

I'm not sure how different the BTS's captive requirements are but i believe they are easier to get onto rodents. Anyway if you do manage to get on to a GTS breeder they will be able to give you the best advice relating to the particular animal you are buying

BTS eat anything, they are easy to keep.

GTS's are easy, as long as they're feeding, but are messy and require more frequent feeding.

They will eat rodents, mine do. Just it's a 50/50 thing 50% will 50% wont.

Mine was bought as an adult and originally was a wild caught specimen from the NT (where it's legal)

I've been considering keeping golden tree snakes and was wondering if you can keep them in an enclosure with large Green Tree Frogs? I have seen Healsville Sanctuary keeping Brown tree snakes with large tree frogs and questioning the keeper on the matter he said they are fine together...

I guess water skinks in the same enclosure would be a no no? I'm picturing a very large natural setting display enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back