Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been considering keeping golden tree snakes and was wondering if you can keep them in an enclosure with large Green Tree Frogs? I have seen Healsville Sanctuary keeping Brown tree snakes with large tree frogs and questioning the keeper on the matter he said they are fine together...

I'm sure the Dendrelaphis punctulata would try eat those frogs straight up. That or it will harass them or stress the frogs out as Dendrelaphis punctulata's predominant food source are frogs and skinks.

Boigas Irregularis eat birds and rodents in the wild.

I have my Litoria Chloris/gracilenta enclosure right next to my Dendrelaphis punctulata's enclosure. They are hunting all the time.

You should be able to find a Golden Tree Snake down south in Victoria, for some reason a lot of the pet shops there have NT Dendrel's.

As for housing them with the turtles you would probably have to wait untill they are a decent size, as they're thinner than your shoe lace when born.

The tank it self would have to be about 6ft for a small adult turtle, and in turn would have to be fairly tall as well to accommodate the Tree Snake.
A good canister filter would work I use a Fluval 404 for my 6ft and it's working a treat.

Would be awesome to do, but it's not an easy endeavor.

I should be setting up my Tree Snake tank soon.
1.5m^2 glass enclosure with a water section that uses a filter for a water fall.
Artificial walls made form expanda foam black silicon and coco peat with live plants.
Should look awesome if I pull it off.

I've had my tree snakes since they were 3 days old, they were a little bit of trouble to get started.. First few feeds were geckos then they started to take feeder fish on their own. Also tricked em into feedin them rodents by teasin them with a live gecko n makin sure they get the rodent 1st.
They are also incredibly fast n can be pretty fragile. Some calm down but most are pretty spaz.
good luck with the tree snake hunt

I have seen big whitelip frogs in with Green Tree Snakes, I've seen GTF's in with Diamonds.

To a frog all snakes would be predators, but they would know if they are too big to be eaten. I say if the frog is large go for it.

That being said. Theres a good chance it will stress the frogs out

If the GTS is too small the frog would eat it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back