hatchies will not feed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogeyfree

Reaction score
hi all i have 14 spotted python hatchies born 20th jan i am keeping them at 32 degrees and have offered pinkies 3 times but no takers even tried skink tails but no go any ideas..thanks

cathy i don't no about the yogurt i will keep trying pinkies but thank you for the reply:p

hi all i have 14 spotted python hatchies born 20th jan i am keeping them at 32 degrees and have offered pinkies 3 times but no takers even tried skink tails but no go any ideas..thanks

I havent kept spotteds but this year none of my Julatten jungles accepted food the first attempt. 2nd attempt was similar so I left the pinky rats in the tub........2 hours later 100% success rate.

I have have been told you just leave the pinky in with the hatchies

If none of them are eating, I would say it is likely to be a husbandry issue. How are you heating them? Where are they spending most of their time (ie always sitting at the hot end or always sitting at the cold end)? What temp is the cool end? Simplest solution I would suggest is bumping the hot spot temp up a couple of degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back